Still got wheel hop????

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
right after the install was done i went an dropped the hammer and did my first smoke show in the cobra and was happy ,the next time it hopped and the next time it hopped,what ive realized is on blacktop im good!!!!
concrete equals hop(most of the time)

eibach springs
tokico Dspec shocks
not sure the brand of FLSFC(came on the car when i got it)

right now the car has 19s all the way around with 285 30s on the rear and im runnin about 35psi(tires came on the car)the rims is wider than the tire so it has that import look goin on cause the sidewalls are being stretched outward,
Savin for 305 30s which will give a bigger sidewall and sit flush with thedge of the rim

Let's start with the easy stuff first. I think the tires are hurting you the most. Here is a list of tire reviews I've taken from another site:

Stock Goodyear F1's = The root of all evil. Wheel Hop King

Nitto Drag Radials = Horrible, They hopped worse than stock F1's for me warm or cold.

BFG Drag Radials = Actually started to eliminate my wheel hop. About 70% eliminated on warm day

Mickey Thompson Drag Radials = Night and Day Difference, best all around tire when I first put them on = About 95% of wheel hop gone on a warm day

Hoosier Drag Radials = Incredible Sticky Tire 99% of wheel hop eliminated on warm day. On a cold day, burn the tires for a few seconds and they still maintain there grip unless the pavement is freezing cold. Downside = Terrible in the rain and very cold weather. Also, tread wear is prob half of what the MR DR's are. I got about 5,500 miles out of my driving casually with only 2 track appearances.

Secondly, your only other choice is a through the floor subframe conector like Griggs or home fabbed. Along with that I would add a matrix bracing system as well. The Global West system is an excellent choice.

Some verts are easier to fix than others but I still believe in your case the tires and the diameter are what is working horribly against you. :(

FWIW

Users who are viewing this thread