Still getting wheel hop even after supporting mods....why?

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
I'm still getting wheel hop. Here is what I have done to my suspension:
BMR LCA
BMR panhard
BMR LCA relocation brackets (bottom hole)
Steeda UCA and mount (hole closest to bottom of car and closest to rear diff)
Strange adj. shocks
2013 Cobra Jet springs
-2 pinion angke

Only other thing I can thing of is the bushing for the UCA. That will be what I replace next. Any other idea's?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Kelly at bmr is the guy to talk to, to get it dialed in. I have zero wheel hop with my steeda adj uca.

86Fbody

Established Member
Could the LCA hole be too low, that or the UCA be too low, not sure what the drop is on the Cobra jet springs.

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
I wish the UCA would come with directions on what hole to use when using what components.

I don't have a video.

I will play around with the UCA mounting holes but its a P.I.T.A to change settings. I barely can get a wrench in there to set pinion angle.

I personally think its the UCA bushing. Because before any mods when the car was stock I would experience some violent wheel hop.

BMR Tech

You could possibly have a weak/damaged diff bushing on the rear side of the UCA.

Have you checked it? When you lowered the car, or installed the UCA system....did you ensure to TQ all the bolts with the suspension loaded (car sitting on tires) ??

There is a good chance that you could be experiencing axle shake, due to your anti-squat as well. Have you tried using the top hole in the LCA Brackets?

It is VERY rare that I have a customer who gets wheel hop with a full rear suspension, including shocks....

What setting are the shocks at? Have you tried stiffening them up (more)?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Yeah kelly i never had any wheel hop after i modified my suspension and still dont, but i didnt know how bad that rear rubber bushing pressed into the rear was until i replaced it with your unit. I felt the difference in handling right away. Its so much better that i would go as far to say if you have a poly uca front bushing its a must to upgrade to the poly rear bushing as well! Soft durometer bushings shouldnt be used in tandom with harder durometer bushings plain and simple!

Users who are viewing this thread