Stigemeier Stage 1 with a 2.8 Upper Stock Lower= 494 RWHP

TEABG

Banned
Member is claiming that with a Stage (1) PORTED EATON, NON ported T-Body, NON Ported Plenum, 2.8 Upper and a stock lower his Cobra put down 494 RWHP. Guy also claims this was on a very conservative tune in 85 degree weather.
Here is a link to the thread. Appreciate your feedback, have a great evening. Is this plausible?

95YellowGTBeast

LS7killr
Established Member
its believeable ive seen an apten port make 504RWHP when steggy did them and thats the same thing as a stage one but that gotta be onehelluva car to pull that.

Nick

sonicblu03

Established Member
Mine puts down 516 rwhp with an original Apten (stage 1). As a disclaimer I do have a stage 4 TB/PL to go with it.

Mike

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, let's remember that some people post SAE and others the higher STD so let's first be sure all the numbers above are SAE. Also, numbers vary from dyno to dyno. Which is why we often say dyno numbers are just numbers. And then there are the weather conditions. The real proof of the pudding is what the car does at the track. Also, others mods enter in. Some have headers. Some don't. Some have a more aggressive tune than others. So keep all of this in perspective. Sure it is possible for a Stage 1 port to make 494rwhp. Mine (Stage 2) made 496rwhp with a 2.90 upper only (Accufab TB, catback, X-pipe, intake, tune). Definitely possible.

P.S. - A dyno report to look at when claims are made is always a plus! LOL!

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
My apten/steg port, (one of the very first ones out) did 505 sae, with catback, tune, cai. It actually put down better #'s than my stage 3.

jason

Users who are viewing this thread