Stifflers Web Bracing

reldla1996

Established Member
I've got them on mine, and love them. I also included the spider braces and K member brace. It did take a while to weld in all the pieces...but they sure made the car solid.

IA Shelby

Established Member
I've got them on mine, and love them. I also included the spider braces and K member brace. It did take a while to weld in all the pieces...but they sure made the car solid.

Can you give us a sense of relative improvement?

On a scale of say 1 terrible-100 Good

If stock flex was say a 10 and it was 50 after the flsc, what was it like after the web bracing?

Any downsides from the mod?

eaglesnick

Established Member

How did you get the spider brace and the K member brace to fit with the headers? I spoke with stiffler and they said it won't fit without tweaking the headers.

SlowSVT

Established Member
The Stiffler subs will certainly help but I think I would op'ed for the Hans or Glabal West subs before shelling out the dough for these but that's just me.

reldla1996

Established Member
I did the entire Stiffler's system over a single weekend, so I can't comment on the difference made by any one piece of the system. Between the factory subframes, the pinch welds at the bottom of the rocker panels are the strongest available places to attach, so welding them to the sub frames via the jacking rails and web members has got to help. The Stiffler's system made a dramatic improvement going through corners in the car. I don't have headers, so that wasn't a concern for me. I did have to bend the front passenger side spider brace to clear the magnaflow cat. I don't see any down sides to the mod, and would do it again in a heartbeat. I've had the Kenny Brown Extreme Matrix system (similar minus the spider brace) on my 89 Mustang since 99, and I have had no complaints with it either. On the 89 Mustang, I had a K member brace with shorty headers, but had to lose it when I went to long tube headers.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I don't have this kit, but I have the kenny brown flsf, matrix bracing and jacking rails. Looks like a very similar setup. I can pull a tire off the ground with the top down and open and shut both doors with no issues. Definitely the best mod out there for a vert.

D-MANN

Established Member
I have the MM ones.just curious if upgrading to Kenny brown or something else would be worth it?your thoughts?

eaglesnick

Established Member
I have the MM ones.just curious if upgrading to Kenny brown or something else would be worth it?your thoughts?

I assume you are referring to the FLSFC. If so no need to change from MM to any other brand, as the MM connectors are a quality piece. As for the web bracing that's to he determined.

reldla1996

Established Member
My thoughts are that the web bracing and jacking rails would help going through corners (significant increase in lateral stiffness), but not help that much for straight line acceleration (marginal increase in vertical stiffness).

MAX86GT

Established Member
Do it......you wont be disappointed!!!

IMAG0223.jpg

IMAG0222.jpg

eaglesnick

Established Member

Glad to hear it as the UPS man just dropped off the web bracing and stiffing rails. Unfortunately, I have full length headers and the lower chassis brace and spider brace wont fit. Will keep you all posted on the results once they are installed. I figured with the power I will be putting down a little extra bracing wouldn't hurt especially since I have a ragtop.

IA Shelby

Established Member

Glad to hear it as the UPS man just dropped off the web bracing and stiffing rails. Unfortunately, I have full length headers and the lower chassis brace and spider brace wont fit. Will keep you all posted on the results once they are installed. I figured with the power I will be putting down a little extra bracing wouldn't hurt especially since I have a ragtop.

Why did you choose stifflers over Kenny brown?

eaglesnick

Established Member

I chose stifflers over kenny brown for a couple of reasons:
1. there are more weld point on the stifflers than the kenny brown, which I would think would make the web more solid
2. after talking with stiffler they are considering re-tooling the lower chassis brace to fit long tube headers which will allow me to install the lower chassis brace and spider brace to tie everything together

oldmodman

Established Member
It looks like you got the drive shaft loop as part of the kit.

And problems with it's fitment?

And if you already have the full length MM sub frames installed can you still install the full Stiffler kit?

It will work in conjunction with the MM parts without interference?

eaglesnick

Established Member

And if you already have the full length MM sub frames installed can you still install the full Stiffler kit?

The driveshaft loop is not part of the kit.

I haven't installed it yet, but will report back with fitment.

You can order just the web bracing and the stiffening rails and use them with the MM FLSFC if you already have them installed (which is what I am doing).

MAX86GT

Established Member
You can just add the stiffening rail and web bracing to your MM FLSC.

I had KB on another car and IMHO is just not as nice or as well built as the Stifflers

DS loop fits perfect and easy to install.

Yes if you have the MM FLSC you can add the stiffening rails and web bracing. The spider braces come with the bracket to weld to the SFC so they will work as well, and IMO one of the most important parts to the whole set up.

Last edited:

IA Shelby

Established Member
You can just add the stiffening rail and web bracing to your MM FLSC.

I had KB on another car and IMHO is just not as nice or as well built as the Stifflers

DS loop fits perfect and easy to install.

Yes if you have the MM FLSC you can add the stiffening rails and web bracing. The spider braces come with the bracket to weld to the SFC so they will work as well, and IMO one of the most important parts to the whole set up.

Thanks for the feedback. I already have the MM flsc so I will go with the stifflers set up.

eaglesnick

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback. I already have the MM flsc so I will go with the stifflers set up.[/QUOTE]

Do you have long tube headers?

Users who are viewing this thread