Stifflers Harley Truck Install

Tom@Stifflers

Established Member
Some people don't know that we do installs at our shop in Plainfield, IN. But recently we did an install project on a 2002 Harley Davidson F150 here at the shop. We installed our Chassis Stiffening System, Driveshaft Safety Loop, Long Bar System and Stainless Steel Brake Hose Kit. Here is what Brandon had to say about the truck afterwards.

“The truck drives completely different now and the wheel hop is gone, it also now handles noticeably better. I assume as the suspension is actually doing its job fully now instead of the frame twisting!”

“I also wanted to say thanks for the great service, I have been to a wide variety of performance oriented shops as well as fabrication places and I cannot think of any others were I have been treated as well. I am even happier to have had you guys do the install because of this. It seems like usually I am "that guy" that ends up being the one who has issues with parts, service, etc. but that was not the case at your shop.

-Brandon

Stay tuned for a quick install video of this project.

HT_zpsvbpyzuz1.jpg

20160127_124731_zpszdztalz2.jpg

20160127_124736_zpsxg68bcjc.jpg

20160127_124748_zpskolizrkt.jpg

Black 2000

Boss Hoss
Established Member
LCA's look good to me.

stiffler%20LCA_zpskwhwscuo.jpg

"For all of my Lightning friends, please feel free to SHARE this post (attachments may not show up in the post due to my privacy settings). Wanted to share some "spy shots" of my truck with the "working set" of the Stifflers lightweight tubular control arms. PLEASE note that this is not the correct tubing, welding, etc. that will be on the arms...as there are undoubtedly some who may not realize this. These also do not yet have the steering stops and sway bar attachment point on them. This is the COILOVER version. (I will be running these Ridetech coilovers that you see in these pics.) I have pics of the COIL SPRING version, but am not posting those as there may be a bit of a design change...so don't want to mislead you. I am sorry for the look of my truck underneath. I have not had it for several years, so a lot of detailing to do under there. The pic of the wheelwell shows how the truck is sitting right now for me with stock Goodyear F1's. There is room for more drop. (When the truck was first lowered to the ground, they could not get the overhead lift out from under the truck so they had to raise it about an inch or so). Brian has informed me that he already sees improvement in the caster angle, as well as the ball joint angle also.Cannot give you particulars on the weight savings on these until the final version(s) are welded up and weighed, but it will be substantial. Remember, I am running the Stifflers adjustable upper control arms also. Paul Albino will shortly be receiving the first set of these to run on his turbo truck at an event. These lowers are just incredibly engineered and are a fantastic addition to the upgrades available for these trucks. I will also announce that I will be the exclusive dealer (for a period of time anyway) for these when they are released. Why? Because I have given the life of my Lightning (also known as "Stifflers pet guinea pig") to Stifflers for quite a while for this and other projects." - Jeff Wallace

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
Those ****ing things have been "in development" for years. Try to buy a set... I dare you.

Dusten

Established Member
try posting this on the forum where the long thread exists... see how much excitement you get lol

Users who are viewing this thread