Stiffer springs for heavy stereo...help

shey love

Established Member
What's up guys. I need your opinions on what spring rate I should go with. Here's the deal. I cut my stock springs to get a lower ride height and everythings great, until I put an additional 200 lbs in the trunk. 3-10's, 2-rack mount amps, 2 batteries, and a 5 farad cap.

After market springs are to low for this additional weight. I am having springs made to stock height but they will be 675's instead of 600's. I'm guesing my ride height should be okay. What do you think? Should I go stiffer? Thanks.

shey love

Established Member
How's it going CobraBob? Yeah it's definately serious. It didn't start out so radical, but it is now. The box for my 10's came out very nice.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by shey love
How's it going CobraBob? Yeah it's definately serious. It didn't start out so radical, but it is now. The box for my 10's came out very nice.
I've been doing good. Pretty busy lately. I'd love to see some pictures, too, when you finish your project. I'm sure it will be an awesome system!
:)

MINI_ME

Established Member
My lowering springs work fine, and im sure my sterio weighs more then yours, my box with 2 12's alone weighs 150 lbs, then I have two 1 farad caps, 3 amps and the rear cover plate. Im guessing 225 maybe more and it made my car hook better and also handle better...get some lowering springs and stop messing around with cutting crap. Just my .02:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread