stiegmeier stage 5+ vs posi race port comparrison

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
Before I post results I will give you a little back ground
Very conservative blower owner/tuner told me from day one his dyno is usually 40-50 hp lower than even mustang dynos

Car- 2002 Mustang Gt with 72k on chassis, 45k ish miles on engine and trans and 10k on stieg stage 5+ blower. 2.76 upper and 4# lower with mac long tubes, basanni exhaust with leathal xpipe with no cats. 39lb injectors stage 2 fdpm, fore hat with twin gt pumps. tuned by murrillo motorsports in tx best pull netted the following numbers with afr in the 12.9-13.1 range on the race tune
car was dynoed on may 11th at about 6pm of this year

2012-08-09_15-24-56_737.gif

forward to today. exact same mods tuner added fuel before the pull just to be safe because it was a little leaner than he likes with the tune on the steige blower. used the same murillo tune just adding fuel only. this time we went way way rich with a 9.8 to 9.9 afr and still made a ton more power. I had to leave after 2 pulls because i had to get my son from school/daycare to get to a Flying squirrels game.CANT WAIT TO GET BACK UP THERE TO DO MORE TUNING. I can only imagine where I will be with a good tune!

2012-08-09_15-23-39_214.gif

for those that cant read that is 500.5 rwhp and 522.4 torque with posi and 474.3 rwhp and 474.5 tq with steig
same dyno. same mods, same car, same tuner. just a different blower.....

you be the judge

Last edited:

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
we are thinking another 40 hp at minimum if we get as aggressive with the afr as it was with the stiege blower

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
12.9-13.1 AFR isn't aggressive that's down right stupid and I'm suprised you didn't nuke the motor.. That's all that I see. I'd bet with the Steggy if you fatten it to like 11.5 where it should be you would pick up more power.

Oh yea.. Find a new tuner.

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
12.9-13.1 AFR isn't aggressive that's down right stupid and I'm suprised you didn't nuke the motor.. That's all that I see. I'd bet with the Steggy if you fatten it to like 11.5 where it should be you would pick up more power.

how much you wanna put on that bet? lol..... it has a sct switch chip. that was the all out race tune...

the street tune runs 11.7 all the way down and it dynoed 457.7 hp and 451.4 tq on that tune

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
So you picked up 20rwhp with your "race tune" What did your race tune even consist of besides leaning the shit out of it, more than you would almost a N/A motor?? lol.

I don't mean to sound like an asshole but I'm just letting you know that AFR isn't safe.. But hey it's your motor not mine ;-)

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member

actually MY tuner is one of the best out there and builds cobra jet class cars that hold records.....

the tunes on the chip are tunes that Mike Murrillo put on the car. with the previous owner.... I dont know if I would question his knowledge on tuning either though

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
actually MY tuner is one of the best out there and builds cobra jet class cars that hold records.....

the tunes on the chip are tunes that Mike Murrillo put on the car. with the previous owner.... I dont know if I would question his knowledge on tuning either though

Then get the car retuned by YOUR tuner.

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
So you picked up 20rwhp with your "race tune" What did your race tune even consist of besides leaning the shit out of it, more than you would almost a N/A motor?? lol.

I don't mean to sound like an asshole but I'm just letting you know that AFR isn't safe.. But hey it's your motor not mine ;-)

did you read any of the post? that was the tune on the car from murillo motorsports when i bought the car on and when i dynoed it those were the numbers it made on murillos tune. one was the race tune and the other a street tune.....

the second graph was today with a real fat tune and 25 more horsepower and even more tq

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member

I was thinking the same thing.

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
Then get the car retuned by YOUR tuner.

are you reading the graphs at all? if so you would see that with my tuner tuning it we have the afr at 9.8 and 9.9 and made that much more power still.... leaning it out to about 12.1 should net another 40 hp or there abouts

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
did you read any of the post? that was the tune on the car from murillo motorsports when i bought the car on and when i dynoed it those were the numbers it made on murillos tune. one was the race tune and the other a street tune.....

the second graph was today with a real fat tune and 25 more horsepower and even more tq

yes I read your post.. But really it's a false comparison imo.. The first tune was total shit imo. The second tune is probably rich enough that it's close to washing down the cylinders.. Ehh it is what it is.. Your car not mine.. Just wait for other to chime in I guess..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
are you reading the graphs at all? if so you would see that with my tuner tuning it we have the afr at 9.8 and 9.9 and made that much more power still.... leaning it out to about 12.1 should net another 40 hp or there abouts

Nevermind you're failing to see the points lol.. Glad you're happy with the car :beer:

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
for those that didnt read the graphs

the stieg blower made the most power on the race tune that i posted. it was tunde at murillo motorsports before i got it. I dynoed it on may 11th to see what it did. the sct switch chip has 3 tunes on it. a race tune, a street tune and a tune that wont let it start for theft purposes.......

forward to today.....

i take it the same place and used the same tunes on the posi blower except we added fuel because we thought the race tune was to far on the lean side..... we picked up 25 hp and 52 ft lbs and were a TON richer than the best numbers the stieg blower made.... alot more power to be had running 12.1 afr. just ran out of time because i had to go get my kid and take him to the baseball game

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
for those that didnt read the graphs

the stieg blower made the most power on the race tune that i posted. it was tunde at murillo motorsports before i got it. I dynoed it on may 11th to see what it did. the sct switch chip has 3 tunes on it. a race tune, a street tune and a tune that wont let it start for theft purposes.......

forward to today.....

i take it the same place and used the same tunes on the posi blower except we added fuel because we thought the race tune was to far on the lean side..... we picked up 25 hp and 52 ft lbs and were a TON richer than the best numbers the stieg blower made.... alot more power to be had running 12.1 afr. just ran out of time because i had to go get my kid and take him to the baseball game

This makes a lot more sense lol..

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
Nevermind you're failing to see the points lol.. Glad you're happy with the car :beer:

im failing to see your point?

here is the point...... on the same car, the most power steigs blower could make was 474 hp......posis was running pig rich and still made 25 hp and 52 tq more and we need to lean it way out..... the differance will most likely be 75 more than the steig blower could make and 100 tq

ill be back to the tuners in 2 weeks to finish the tuning....

the point was on the same tune on the same car on the same dyno what the 2 blowers made and the fact the second one still needs tuning to max its power out.....

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
I always said I would go posi if I did a port. Good numbers, IMO 12.1 is still on the lean side. Tune her around 11.5-11.7 like the others stated and have at it!

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread