stiegemeier vs LFP porting

jakhammer

Established Member
here is my opinion for a 12 second DD:
#4 lower
plugs
JLP or PSP cold air with the bumper mounted scoop intake
FTVB (you will love it)
SAFE tune. verify the tune asap on a dyno. I recommend PSP for the tune. Use a predator (or similar hand held unit if using a tuner that does SCT)
last on the list would be porting. I want to port mine, but its not nessasary for a 12 second truck.

All the above would be money well spent. If you have a good track and can drive fairly well, you should get 12s

Chris

mavado007

Established Member
Here is the aftermarket True Flow Power Plenum and Accu-Fab Single Blde Throttle Body you are looking for. LFP has a sweet special on these right now and guys typically see around 20hp with this combo.

ProdPlenum010.jpg

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
mavado007 said:
Here is the aftermarket True Flow Power Plenum and Accu-Fab Single Blde Throttle Body you are looking for. LFP has a sweet special on these right now and guys typically see around 20hp with this combo.

ProdPlenum010.jpg
20hp with what other mods?

I'll have to look that dante guy up, I think hes down a little past LA, not totally sure where chula vista is, so its probably 5hrs from me, but I have friends down there and maybe thatd be a good excuse to visit them!

Question, I've somehow over the past week started developing a rough idle, I'm gonna call the dealer and see when the last time the plugs, oil, etc was changed, but is the truck supposed to idle around 6-700? seems low, whats it supposed to idle at stock? after getting to work, I noticed the tach kinda fluctuated maybe 100-300ish rpms at idle. any ideas? I really hope I'm not already having problems...honestly ive been babying it and just cruising, only times I opened it up was while taking my family for a spin around the block.

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
jakhammer said:
here is my opinion for a 12 second DD:
#4 lower
plugs
JLP or PSP cold air with the bumper mounted scoop intake
FTVB (you will love it)
SAFE tune. verify the tune asap on a dyno. I recommend PSP for the tune. Use a predator (or similar hand held unit if using a tuner that does SCT)
last on the list would be porting. I want to port mine, but its not nessasary for a 12 second truck.

All the above would be money well spent. If you have a good track and can drive fairly well, you should get 12s

Chris
when you say you recommend psp for the tune, is this a shop Id have to go into or could they make me a tune otherwise?

jakhammer

Established Member
PSP will do a mail order tune. This is what I did. I satrted with a JLP tune for my mods, but it was WAAAAAY lean. JLP had me running 16.x to 1 A/F. This was verified by 2 dynos. I did all the tests JLP wanted me to have done and then he would not stand behind the tune after I had datalogged the dyno runs and had all the info he could need. So I called Sal @ PSP. He had me get the stock program from the truck and send it to him. He then made me a tune from the factory tune. I then went to dyno and verified my a/f (11.6 to 1), timing, etc (datalogged the runs). Went from 275 rwhp to 342 rwhp on a mustang dyno.

This is why if you do a mail order tune, you need to get to a dyno ASAP. If you have someone that can tune and has a dyno close to you, that might be a better option. I ran that JLP tune for 3 months before I got to dyno. Its a wonder my block dont have any holes in it or melted pistons.

Chris

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
jakhammer said:
PSP will do a mail order tune. This is what I did. I satrted with a JLP tune for my mods, but it was WAAAAAY lean. JLP had me running 16.x to 1 A/F. This was verified by 2 dynos. I did all the tests JLP wanted me to have done and then he would not stand behind the tune after I had datalogged the dyno runs and had all the info he could need. So I called Sal @ PSP. He had me get the stock program from the truck and send it to him. He then made me a tune from the factory tune. I then went to dyno and verified my a/f (11.6 to 1), timing, etc (datalogged the runs). Went from 275 rwhp to 342 rwhp on a mustang dyno.

This is why if you do a mail order tune, you need to get to a dyno ASAP. If you have someone that can tune and has a dyno close to you, that might be a better option. I ran that JLP tune for 3 months before I got to dyno. Its a wonder my block dont have any holes in it or melted pistons.

Chris
good advice, maybe it would be worth the two hour trip to the nearest shop. thanks for the info.

oh yeah, and what plugs are recommended? NGK TR6s seem popular, are there different iridium ones or are these them? do I need iridium, they just last longer right?

Last edited:

Blown00BlkBolt

Established Member
Not to get too off of the subject but I noticed that stiegemeier has 3-4 different stages for porting the 03-04 cobra blowers with different power outputs (seen it on the Terminator forums as a sticky). Just wondering if they do the same with the L blowers, and if not, why??? Seen it under Terminator talk as the first sticky.

Last edited:

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
Blown00BlkBolt said:
Not to get too off of the subject but I noticed that stiegemeier has 3-4 different stages for porting the 03-04 cobra blowers with different power outputs (seen it on the Terminator forums as a sticky). Just wondering if they do the same with the L blowers, and if not, why??? Seen it under Terminator talk as the first sticky.
good question, every email they've sent to me they only quote one price and never mention stages...I wonder why they dont seem to have any stages...hmm

Users who are viewing this thread