Sticky clutch?

Bullyent

Established Member
How’s it going everyone. So something felt weird with my clutch as I’m about to leave (switched cars so it’s sitting at home) as I press the clutch something felt off like something at the end of it was restricting the full distance then when I release, it felt very sticky. So I tried to release it fast and it would get stuck at maybe half an inch from the top then slowly goes all the way. I press it again and it does the same thing. Very slow release. Still goes into gear and drives as well as reverse. I did notice though when it would bite into first gear I would hear a very slight rattle. (Only for 1st gear)
The clutch is a spec stage 3+ easy pedal, spec aluminum fly wheel, MM clutch quadrant/firewall adjuster

01yellercobra

Established Member
You're going to have to get under the car and look. I'd guess something is up with the fork or throw out bearing. Maybe the fork popped off the pivot ball.

Bullyent

Established Member
You're going to have to get under the car and look. I'd guess something is up with the fork or throw out bearing. Maybe the fork popped off the pivot ball.
Yeah I’ll do that as soon as I get home. Hate when something happens and I gotta go somewhere. Can’t get it out of my mind.

Bullyent

Established Member
@slo984now alright so I looked under and there seems to be a rip on where my clutch cable is covered where there is a rubber tube or boot not sure what to call it. I’m trying to figure out how to post a picture on here

Bullyent

Established Member
Sounds like the cable is on it's way out. Could be a fray inside the liner. Put in a new Ford cable.
Ya I ended up just getting a new cable. Hopefully that’s the only issue. Looking under, the biggest issue I saw right away was that torn boot so fingers crossed!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Looks like the cable got stretched. I would go with a new OEM ford cable

Users who are viewing this thread