Sticking Accelerator Recall Question

Shep927

Established Member
I just picked up my Terminator last month. Finally had a chance to visit the local Ford garage and have them pull the history. The records say that the sticking accelerator recall was addressed, but I don't see any sign of the metal cover I thought was used to hold down the carpeting. Logic says this should be on top of the carpet, correct?

Since the history says the recall has already been performed, the service manager told me she won't be able to do it again. I assume I should be able to purchase the part from Ford and do it myself. Does anyone have a part number for the metal cover?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Did you check under the carpet to see if it was installed incorrectly? Believe it or not, we have heard of at least one dealer that actually did this. Otherwise, what would be the logic for the previous owner removing the fix?

ViciousJay

Established Member
i cut the peice of carpet under the pedal for peice of mind after havingit stuck in 4 gear at 130 and couldnt stop at the track....

SVTCobra53

Established Member
Gladiator said:
i cut the peice of carpet under the pedal for peice of mind after havingit stuck in 4 gear at 130 and couldnt stop at the track....
What did you do???

I do not have a metal plate but the previous owner cut a hole in the carpet so the accelerator goes right through.

ViciousJay

Established Member
SVTCobra53 said:
What did you do???

I do not have a metal plate but the previous owner cut a hole in the carpet so the accelerator goes right through.

thats what i did... cut the carpet out...

kissmysvt yea thats the face i made when i couldnt stop heading closer and closer to the wall

Cold Brew

Established Member
CobraBob said:
Did you check under the carpet to see if it was installed incorrectly? Believe it or not, we have heard of at least one dealer that actually did this. Otherwise, what would be the logic for the previous owner removing the fix?

Check under the carpet. THats where mine was:poke:

Users who are viewing this thread