Sterling Grey w/ RTRs

DTRAIN_WV

Established Member
Sorry for the quality, snapped these at work w/ the cell. They are gorgeous in person.

PPWTN.jpg

UQmvk.jpg

iErdi.jpg

I want to do a 1" drop. Before I buy springs, my friend has his stock springs from a 2008 GT500. Any chance they are compatable?

SicShelby09

Banned
Sorry for the quality, snapped these at work w/ the cell. They are gorgeous in person.

PPWTN.jpg

UQmvk.jpg

iErdi.jpg

I want to do a 1" drop. Before I buy springs, my friend has his stock springs from a 2008 GT500. Any chance they are compatable?

No. They are going to be stiffer, and if anything you will ride higher and more bouncy. Dont forget the GT500 is heavier than our cars. I would get the FRPP P springs from latemodelresto. They are cheap and FRPP quality. All you will need is the springs. No strut mounts or panhard bar.

DTRAIN_WV

Established Member
No. They are going to be stiffer, and if anything you will ride higher and more bouncy. Dont forget the GT500 is heavier than our cars. I would get the FRPP P springs from latemodelresto. They are cheap and FRPP quality. All you will need is the springs. No strut mounts or panhard bar.

Ok, he's got a bunch of stock GT500 parts just laying around, so I figured I'd ask and throw him some money if I could.

FRPP was my next choice.

Thanks

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
Looks good but I would recommend upgrading the shocks and struts if you change the springs.

lowering springs will be stiffer and the stock shocks/struts are not designed to provide the rebound and dampening that the different springs will demand for competent (or comfortable) handling.

the koni STR.T shocks/struts are inexpensive, perform very well.

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetails.php?PartID=485&CategoryID=199&ModelID=35

a 1" drop with the FRPP springs and the koni's would yield an excellent handling car that still has a nice comfortable ride.

Last edited:

DTRAIN_WV

Established Member
looks great, whats the size on the wheels?

19"

Looks good but I would recommend upgrading the shocks and struts if you change the springs.

lowering springs will be stiffer and the stock shocks/struts are not designed to provide the rebound and dampening that the different springs will demand for competent (or comfortable) handling.

the koni STR.T shocks/struts are inexpensive, perform very well.

Strano Performance Parts - Part Details

a 1" drop with the FRPP springs and the koni's would yield an excellent handling car that still has a nice comfortable ride.

I'll check those out, thanks!

blue 87 stroked

Established Member
They look Bada**, If I went a different route they would be my choice. But as luck would have it, I have an older brother who picked up a 11' GT500 and donated his wheels to my 5.0. I also got a set of his GT500 lowering springs and put them in too. It didn't drop it as much as I would have liked it too (5.0 is lighter than GT500), BUT it transfers weight REALLY WELL and is NOT bouncy at all.

photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66044891@N06/6011727582/in/photostream

Can't get pic. to post???? ERRRR

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread