Stepped Spacer to Reduce UCA Clunk

CCS86

Established Member
Hi guys,

I have a Spohn UCA installed with the factory UCA bracket, and have the typical mount "clunk".

I know that most aftermarket mount brackets address this by sizing the holes closer to the mounting bolt nominal.

Some ship a stepped spacer with the UCA to adapt the 14mm bolt to the stock mount's 16mm hole (I think this is correct). I'd like to make a set of spacers on my lathe and pop them in. I'd rather be able to do this ahead of time, to avoid having the car torn apart while I make the spacers.

If anyone has some true nominal sizes for the bolt, the UCA mount bracket holes, and the approximate thickness of the mount plates, I would seriously appreciate it! I'd like to make the fit as tight as possible, tending towards a light press fit into the mount, and tight slip fit on the bolt.

Thanks!

CCS86

Established Member
The 11-14 uses a 16mm bolt with the stock mount having a 18mm hole size.

Well, I took your advice, and made a spacer to for those sizes...

Took it apart today and you were wrong.

The bolt is 18mm, and the mount hole is 20mm. So I had to catch a ride back over to my shop and make another set. Oh well. You get what you pay for.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Well, I took your advice, and made a spacer to for those sizes...

Took it apart today and you were wrong.

The bolt is 18mm, and the mount hole is 20mm. So I had to catch a ride back over to my shop and make another set. Oh well. You get what you pay for.

Ahh that sucks, but at least you got it done!

hotpart.com

Established Member
Hmm, I'll have to check the bolts that are sitting on my desk tomorrow. I know one is for the 11-14 mustang and the other is for the 2011-up front upper control arm for the GMC HD pickup trucks. If I grabbed the wrong bolt I apologize. I guess that's why we make prototype and parts based on our engineering drawings not a bolt sitting on my desk.

Users who are viewing this thread