step by step video of an 03 Cobra Spec 3+ Clutch Install

bobster

Established Member
they mean spec balances their assm. clutch/flywheel and mark it so if you buy their kit make sure the marks line up.

CobraNHYEE

Established Member
Great Find on the vids:beer:. I wish I had a two post lift. Looking forward to doing this on the ground:cryying:.

MountainDew

Do the Dew!
Established Member
I really feel sorry for anyone who has to do this on the ground. I did the clutch change this past weekend and wouldn't even DREAM of doing it without a lift.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I really feel sorry for anyone who has to do this on the ground. I did the clutch change this past weekend and wouldn't even DREAM of doing it without a lift.
Awww, it's not that bad. Just have to get the car up in the air a bit and take you time. I actually enjoyed my clutch swap.

TRBO VNM

Awww, it's not that bad. Just have to get the car up in the air a bit and take you time. I actually enjoyed my clutch swap.

yeah, this coming from someone who is what? 6'6" or taller and the head strength coach of a football team. doesn't seem fair to us little guys.

although, strong or not, I prefer my 4 post lift and tranny jack. :beer: but dwight, you are more than welcome down here anytime to help straighten things up. :D

my only issue with the video is the torq specs mentioned. they don't match with the Helm manual. kind of miss guided info. they should have just stated to check with factory specs instead of specifying the torq. make it more of a general how-to video.

on the upper alt. bolt, a swivel socket works great. that and a bunch of extension. the same swivel socket can be used for the upper bolts on the bell housing and a little trick to that is jack the front of the motor up to tilt the rear down and you will have more access to those 2 bolts.

b5aar

Established Member
Internet Challenged

Is there a way to download these videos?

midtex01gt

Established Member
yeah all my computer is doing is saving the HTML links....

I just ordered my spec stage 3+ yesterday, and my buddy and i will attack this in the near future...he has all the stuff i need to do this properly...

I already have the 26 spine input shaft installed, so my swap should go quite like the video I hope.....

I have a fidanza flywheel already. If it has hot spots, is there a way to resurface it or will I have to replace it?

Users who are viewing this thread