Votes: 11 52.4%
  • 2.75 with 4lb lower

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chargedcobra03

Living my life
Established Member
I just purchased a stage 5 steg ported eaton and looking to run a 2.9 upper and 4lb lower. Is this a good setup?

Also the blower I'm receiving has a RR 2.75 on it and I think it is too much with the 4lb lower? Any thoughts on running that setup? Is it safe?

And finally, with either setup I'm installing 60lb injectors with harnesses, twin GT pumps, and a modified FPDM. I have a K&N FIPK, MAFia, accufab single blade tb, and billetflow pulleys. (spec stage 2+ is coming with 26 spline input shaft). Do I need to do anything else? :shrug:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Personally I'd step up the MAF instead of running a MAFia. And get the wiring upgrade for the fuel pumps.

Sonic03BlueGT

Established Member
I have basically the same setup on my car. 2.93 upper and 4lb lower. i would def. stick to that and not go any smaller with the upper pulley. At redline with that combo the rpm at the blower snout is just over 19,000; that being said even though the port increases efficiency you are still spinning the blower pretty hard. Heat soak kills these cars so the less you can spin the blower the better. Btw my car makes just over 15lb at wot

chargedcobra03

Living my life
Established Member
I have basically the same setup on my car. 2.93 upper and 4lb lower. i would def. stick to that and not go any smaller with the upper pulley. At redline with that combo the rpm at the blower snout is just over 19,000; that being said even though the port increases efficiency you are still spinning the blower pretty hard. Heat soak kills these cars so the less you can spin the blower the better. Btw my car makes just over 15lb at wot

What are your numbers and are you running a mafia or sct big air?

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I'm running a stage V 2.76/2# combo. Wishing I would have stepped up to a 4# honestly...

SCT2600 MAF, stock pumps, 60#, upgraded FPDM

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
option 3: 2.93+6#
DO IT!!

If it's your daily driver I would stick to a 2.93 / 4 lower combo... It's a good & Proven Combo

I run 2.93 / 6 Lower on my Posi Port but I don't DD my car. Only take it out to the track....

Sonic03BlueGT

Established Member
im running the mafia. Not exactly positive on the power. Bought the car a while back and already had port done. I was told 518/525 but sounds a little high to me. Im running a bap as well with 20 degrees of timing. At WOT a/f ratio is rich between 11.0-11.3 so i dont think the power numbers are what they were advertised at but im gonna take it soon and have it strapped on the dyno and check the tune. My old car with just a 2.93 upper put down 470/469 so i guess that 518 is not out of the question considering the other mods

chargedcobra03

Living my life
Established Member
im running the mafia. Not exactly positive on the power. Bought the car a while back and already had port done. I was told 518/525 but sounds a little high to me. Im running a bap as well with 20 degrees of timing. At WOT a/f ratio is rich between 11.0-11.3 so i dont think the power numbers are what they were advertised at but im gonna take it soon and have it strapped on the dyno and check the tune. My old car with just a 2.93 upper put down 470/469 so i guess that 518 is not out of the question considering the other mods

Numbers don't seem to high to what I have been hearing. How much boost are you making?

If it's your daily driver I would stick to a 2.93 / 4 lower combo... It's a good & Proven Combo

Weekend cruiser and racer not often. So combo 2?

I'm running a stage V 2.76/2# combo. Wishing I would have stepped up to a 4# honestly...

SCT2600 MAF, stock pumps, 60#, upgraded FPDM

Why? Also your running No BAP?

01yellercobra

Established Member
FWIW my buddy has a Stage 3 with a 2.76/4lb combo. He made 490rwhp and I can't remember the torque. But the tuner said he was running out of injector. His fuel system is completely stock. And he drives the car every day.

gtmustang00

Established Member
My fathers made 505rwhp and 520tq with the stage 5 dragon plenum and throttle body. 2.93/4lb lower

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Weekend cruiser and racer not often. So combo 2?

Well reason I said if a DD or driving it on the street go with the 2.93 / 4 lower, is because the 2.93 / 6 lower and/or 2.76/4 lower make alot of heat. I have a trunk mounted Ice Box so I'm able to cool down the car pretty good @ the track. If it's more of a street car with a 2.93 / 4 lower that would be perfect combo IMO. That's what I used to run when I drived the car on the street often. The 2.93 & 4 Lower should have you @ 520rwhp or over... :beer:

Evil homer

Established Member
Was up Vert ^
im running a 2.76 and a 4lb lower car only has a stage 2 stegi n made 505 hp and 519 tq
n i daily drive it not far but still my dd. But it does produce alot of heat so I to have my Ice box (aka Fuel sell) in the truck to cool it down fast at the track.
I would imagine this combo would make more with a stegi 5 good luck tho.

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Was up Vert ^
im running a 2.76 and a 4lb lower car only has a stage 2 stegi n made 505 hp and 519 tq
n i daily drive it not far but still my dd. But it does produce alot of heat so I to have my Ice box (aka Fuel sell) in the truck to cool it down fast at the track.
I would imagine this combo would make more with a stegi 5 good luck tho.

What up G? Yeah that's what I was trying to explain to him. It's an aggressive combo for the street. I wouldn't recommend it unless the Heat exchanger and Ice tank have been upgraded :D

Evil homer

Established Member
NOTHING much DUDE JUST AT WORKING LIKE ALWAYS LOL
but yea it is an aggressive combo no doubt about it
but with the right cooling mods its greeeeaaaaattttt :)

Sonic03BlueGT

Established Member
Dont have a dyno sheet to be 100% sure but if my boost gauge is correct i put down between about 14.5- 16 pounds of boost. I promise as hot as my eaton gets after getting on it you do not want extra heat. I have the oversized lethal intercooler tank as well and it still gets super hot.

chargedcobra03

Living my life
Established Member
... I wouldn't recommend it unless the Heat exchanger and Ice tank have been upgraded :D

I have a LFP dual pass h/e and lethal performance oversized I/c reservoir with water wetter added lol. :rockon:

also I have a magnaflow x with cats now but going to switch to an off road x pipe. Any thoughts on that good idea or bad I thought with the extra power to switch to an off road x. :shrug:

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Wire upgrade for the pumps and you could also run 2 stock FPDMs for each GT pump. I run that and it works well. You could upgrade your fuel line too, but its not necessary. Wiring upgrade for the pumps is worth it too so you don't have power issues. I'd run an SCT meter and ditch the mafia.

A buddy of mine runs a stage 3 or 4 eaton with a 2.93/4lb combo and makes just over 500 to the wheels. He also runs an o/r X or H pipe. Car pulls very well.

Users who are viewing this thread