steg/stage 5 complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
I just purchased a ported blower from POSI because I sold my steggy V with plans of going whipple. But because of my newborn, I took a step back and figured I could spend $6k on something better. I was thoroughly satified with my steggy blower and I had no problems. I made great power and had no issues with anything cracking or breaking.

I'm sorry that the OP had to indure the finacial and emotional strain that came along with bad customer service. I'm glad that the OP is now happy with his current decisions and I'm sure he will be even happier when his new blower is installed.

After following this thread since its inception, I now see that its taken a turn for feminine gossip and personal attacks. I've had my fill... moving on.

black 10th vert

Established Member
So, if I am understanding correctly what I read a couple of pages back... you can actually GAIN power by removing the "torque plate"? I definitely want to fix my blower correctly, but unless Steig agrees to pay shipping both ways, and fix the problem free, then I will probably just cut the damn plate out, and be done with it. I'm certainly not looking to spend more money to "fix" something that should have worked correctly in the first place. Bad enough that I have to incur the labor involved with taking it off again, and then having to put it back on yet again!:cuss: I guess everyone is right, it's probably better to just save your pennies until you can afford a Whipple, and just do this once!:bash:

Anyone who has removed the plate care to comment on this?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
With Posts #127 and #159 being absolutely IDENTICAL, I agree with Red Poison that this thread appears to have thoroughly run its' course and there is no new information or discussion that can fix it or shed further information. Perhaps an honest admission of the potential torque plate issues with the early addition Stage V ports, as well as a sincere public apology for poor phone manners, would help restore some customer confidence. Real shame......

Supercarkiller, take the free blower. Sell it, install it, have it reported, hang it from your garage ceiling, whatever. But you're entitled to it, you deserve it, and it has been offered with free shipping.

Last edited:

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
I agree. While unfortunate, I don't care to hear a recording of a single incident.

Stiegemeier has been the performance choice for many customers. Let's focus on the bigger picture and the efforts of the company to make it right.

My customer service has always ended satisfactorily with the Stiegemeiers, whom I have all met personally, and the girls staffing the office are particularly friendly and helpful.

Digital

Established Member
With Posts #127 and #159 being absolutely IDENTICAL, I agree with Red Poison that this thread appears to have thoroughly run its' course and there is no new information or discussion that can fix it or shed further information. Perhaps an honest admission of the potential torque plate issues with the early addition Stage V ports as would a sincere public apology for poor phone manners, would help restore some customer confidence. Real shame......

Supercarkiller, take the free blower. Sell it, install it, have it reported, hang it from your garage ceiling whatever. But you're entitled to it, you deserve it, and it has been offered with free shipping.

Sigh.. as always +1.

CobraMac

Established Member
Man life must be hard for you, you say that you have made no assumption in this thread, that is what it looks like time and time again in this post and in your post history about any other thread that puts Steg and Posi in the same thread, so we know who you are defending and who you favor as well:poke:. Therefore your argument is nullified as well. I stand up for ANY business who has done all they can for a customer with a problem and tried to make it right, but when the customer doesn't want to hear it and it comes to situations and post like this there is nothing left to do or say that may change the customers attitude or feelings as well.

Really now? I used to have a steig ported blower and USED to like his service until I witnessed multiple of these episodes PERSONALLY....therefore it is not an assumption...do you not understand english or something?? Do you want me to type in another language? And you are incorrect....my post history other then in THIS thread shows zeros posts in any of steigs thread. :poke: I have posted in threads before...but not for a longgg time. So continue being the sole defender in this thread and standing up for someones bad business practices:nonono:

"Don't belive everything on the internet, yeah he has listed a Whipple and a Turbo kit in his sig, how do we know that is correct being on internet?

Sorry man, I am known by many members for being completely honest on this site...maybe the members comments below me can confirm that....or maybe you clicking on this thread will.....http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/616056-cobramacs-twin-turbo-build.html

Also, just like Badass03svt said, I live on the opposite country as posi....PM him and ask him what my name is....I bet your my twin turbo kit he won't know.

He had a whipple and now is having twins put on. We use the same tuner - it's a fact.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Really now? I used to have a steig ported blower and USED to like his service until I witnessed multiple of these episodes PERSONALLY....therefore it is not an assumption...do you not understand english or something?? Do you want me to type in another language? And you are incorrect....my post history other then in THIS thread shows zeros posts in any of steigs thread. :poke: I have posted in threads before...but not for a longgg time. So continue being the sole defender in this thread and standing up for someones bad business practices:nonono:

Sorry man, I am known by many members for being completely honest on this site...maybe the members comments below me can confirm that....or maybe you clicking on this thread will.....http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/616056-cobramacs-twin-turbo-build.html

Also, just like Badass03svt said, I live on the opposite country as posi....PM him and ask him what my name is....I bet your my twin turbo kit he won't know.

Please keep this thread on topic. If you guys want to argue amongst yourselves about something else please go to SD and start your own thread.

black 10th vert

Established Member
What exactly is that plate supposed to do, and will my car make less power if I remove it?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks OP for posting this thread!

It has confirmed facts that I have long suspected about Stiegs character and his company. My best bud with a cobra has been trying to decide which port guy to go with and the choice has now been made obvious by you. POSI will be getting one more customer and Ill make sure to pass the word along to try to prevent that kind of experience from happening to anyone I know.

You should totally post the conversation on youtube, its your right!

JMD0346

Established Member
I havent read the whole thread so im sure its been said. That plate looks like something they found on the side of the road. Its not aluminum stock. The cracking tells me its not the proper alloy to be welding to that cast aluminum with that filler rod.

AssPikle

Established Member
Billy we tried to work with you and the issues you were having we gave you Suggestions on what to look for NEVER told you to go out and buy anything,(if that were the case I would have sold the parts to you myself) and spent MANY hours on the phone with you we talked and were working together and with your tuner.
We were not able to work on your car since your are so far away from us but we did offer do this at no charge.
We never knew you were still having any problems until we got a pm from Sid saying you were not happy with us back in Nov.2009
I called you personally right away to see what we could do for you and you were mad and irate telling me how I cussed you out and ripped you off and you wanted NOTHING FROM US, before this conversation you were always very decent.
I do not know what happened in between then and now however I wish this could have been resolved.

LATEST STAGE 5 PORTING AND WELDING PICS

Hot Rodding is a progression of perfection and here at Stiegemeier Porting we take it seriously, always striving to improve our products. We not only initiated the mass produced ported blower, we continue with testing and advancements to find you, the customer, the most horsepower per dollar. As you can see by these rarely seen photos, the quality is next to none. You can own this series for $395 for Stage 5 or opt for our Stage 4 for the same price. As alway's once you are a Stiegemeier Customer, you are for life. All work carries a 1 year warranty.

Stage5weldpictures006.jpg

Stage5weldpictures015.jpg

Stage5weldpictures017.jpg

Stage5weldpictures032.jpg

Stage5weldpictures026.jpg

Thanks for looking, and if you have any questions you may call me at 636-949-2275 or PM me.

Stiegemeier

I have a quick question regarding the welds made. Are you performing any type of NDT Penetrant inspection on these welds? If not, I highly suggest you add an FPI inspection to your process. Not only will it give your welders a sense of security in their work, but it will also give you the ability to show a customer your results if the time arises where indications or cracks show up after installation. This would make both you and the customer happy. JMO.

white04mach

Established Member
Sorry to hear about your troubles Supercarkiller. I remember talking to you with my cousin at Mustang Week about how disappointed you were with the power your car was putting down and how you wish you would have never got the blower ported. Never once did you bash Steg during our conversation then. Hope you get everything worked out.

ATFPat

Established Member
All I can say is I hope all works out ok. I m not sure why if someone types something or an offer was made over the phone that its true? The guy typed in his experience with a company and has a person or two back him up that he is a stand up guy. Stiegemeier comes, response and its the truth? No offense, but when peoples reputation is on the line, people can BS. I m not sure why if someone has a bad experience with a company, they can't post it up to warn a potential buyer.

I would rather save up for a whipple/KB as I am currently doing. Sure it'd be a few more months but it'll be less money going from a upgrade to an upgrade and less of a headache.

whiplash306

Established Member
Sid, L.L.... The posting of a sound bite is certainly NOT bashing. It is the inclusion of evidence to either support the OP's claims or exonerate Steg from the accusations. It's concerning that you would not allow such a post as the inclusion of that evidence, be it publicly or by PM, might possibly aid many in their decision making concerning those who they are contemplating business dealings with.

Vendor or not, the priority of this forum is to the community as a whole, is it not? That said, I sincerely request that you reconsider a possible scenario in which our forum members could be made aware of the "facts" concerning this ordeal vs. all the somewhat wild claims and accusations we have heard up to this point.

Thank you.....

KILRSVT

Established Member
dang this thread is really something from reading all these post i am so glad i got a TS.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Sid, L.L.... The posting of a sound bite is certainly NOT bashing. It is the inclusion of evidence to either support the OP's claims or exonerate Steg from the accusations. It's concerning that you would not allow such a post as the inclusion of that evidence, be it publicly or by PM, might possibly aid many in their decision making concerning those who they are contemplating business dealings with.

Vendor or not, the priority of this forum is to the community as a whole, is it not? That said, I sincerely request that you reconsider a possible scenario in which our forum members could be made aware of the "facts" concerning this ordeal vs. all the somewhat wild claims and accusations we have heard up to this point.

Thank you.....

+1000 :beer:

1BADSNK

Established Member
I'm so glad I came across this tonight.......not. :( I sent my blower out to Steg last Jan 2009 for the stage 5+ port. My car makes good power(520hp/500tq) & runs very smooth. After reading this I feel sick. I believe I have the longer welds but from a pic above that seems to fail also. Will I feel something if my welds break also?? I DONT want to hurt my car but we arn't talking about a 5 min take the blower off my car to check job. :mad:

Last edited:

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member

Thank you.....

Well put.

**waits for the sound clip to be posted**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread