Steering issues sense new on 2006 A&J conversion Thunder package any advise please!!!

glenner

glenner
Established Member
For the 20 inch rims I am just really not sure. The truck can turn ok alittle but if you turn hard the wheel it sounds like the front end is falling of the truck. And the rancho stablizer took care of some of the loose steering feel. It still has a quarter inch play side to side in the steering wheel. And the truck goes aginst the grade and wants to go acroos the center line. It is know a safety issue driving it.

glenner

glenner
Established Member
Talked to dealership they are trying to figure out the cause just like we are, just stumped. They are going to put it on a laser wheel allignment rack and see if that may fix the problem. The ford garage doesn't have the equipment but the dodge shop does and hopeful we can get it steering in the right direction. It is a great truck other than the steering issues. I love it pull a house if needed and the banks system is a great system. I am very happy with the power but the steering issues are not so good.

glenner

glenner
Established Member
Ford trucks fixed the problem through dealership the a&j conversion thunder caster and camber was five degrees off causing steering issues if this helps anyone else have your dealer check your vehicle if having same issue thanks glen.

Users who are viewing this thread