Steeda vs. MGW Handle

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Yes, I searched already. :bash: ;-)

I have the MGW handle right now mounted on a Pro 5.0 shifter. I have the Pro 5.0 shift handle in the garage. I'm considering going with the Triax handle. I'm starting to dislike the angle that the MGW handle is in in 2nd gear. If I recall correctly, the Triax handle is more vertical.

I'd appreciate your comments or pics of a Triax handle if you have some.

Thanks. :beer:

Here's a pic just for the hell of it. Not a very good one though. :(

attachment.php

hoofbeat

Established Member
:beer: Same set up i,ve got Pro 5-0 and MGW handle and its great in my opinion. Had to try diff. position to find the best one but it was worth it .Just my 02c.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I've adjusted the MGW handle and it's not quite what I'm looking for. It's fine, but I'd like to have something that's really comfortable for me. I've rowed it to low 11's so there's no functionality problem.

Venomous27

Inked Up
Established Member
well i've had 5.0 handle, triax handle AND the MGW handle... and i must say i like the mgw the best for me, however the triax i still like because it's still more vertical but further down... check it out at www.steeda.com .... as far as seeing it installed on a mustang i don't think it will change your mind as much as it will to FEEL it in person.... but if you are not happy yet, keep tryin til you are... that's what i do... good luck

dougwg

Established Member
Dan,

The MGW can be adjusted ANYWHERE you want it

P.S. you need to vaccuum your car out ;-)

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Originally posted by dougwg
Dan,

The MGW can be adjusted ANYWHERE you want it.

I'll screw around with it again. I tried and it just didn't feel right. :??: Damn you Ford for putting the shifter so far forward. :cuss: :)

Originally posted by dougwg

P.S. you need to vaccuum your car out ;-)

You bastard! I knew someone was going to say that. The pic was taken last winter right after Christmas so cut me some slack. ;-)

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
Get a vise, some thick cotton to wrap around the threads, and a length of pipe and bend the MGW shaft to whatever angle you want. That's the great thing about it :)

dougwg

Established Member
Originally posted by unit213
You bastard! I knew someone was going to say that. The pic was taken last winter right after Christmas so cut me some slack. ;-)

:lol: :-D

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I used the MGW handle for a yar and a half and loved it. As far as adjustability, it should be able to satisfy just about anybody, but....it is not perfect in that if won't necessarily provide the perfect height and reach desired. Mine was close to perfect but I could never get it to feel exactly like I wanted it to. The fact that the shifter is positioned a bit forward than optimum doesn't help. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread