Steeda Tri-Ax

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
I noticed that some of you guys already installed the Steeda Tri-Ax shifter...

How do you like it? I was contemplating the same one.

When you installed it, I assume that the 'electronic' reverse lock-out was wired into the 12V cig. lighter that's mounted next to the shifter? Is this the case? If not, what did you wire it in to?

Thanks fellas... Peace.

Cobra'03

Established Member
Assumption is wrong- the engine control computer controls the lockout - you do not have to do anything other than bolt it in and adjust the stops.

I love my Tri-Ax in this car - stock shifter is not good enough for serious track or strip work IMO.

Search on this topic - O and others have some useful mods/pointers on the install, esp. to reduce noise.

FINICKY

Established Member
i have it too and like it... its the t56 notchy ass gates im having trouble with lol

Evilcartman

Established Member
I love the shifter. I installed it in the first week. The old shifter was stiff but easy to miss a gear. The rubber bushing mad is sloppy.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The tri-ax definately makes a big difference. Before I had a hard time finding third when I tried to run against my buddy's Viper. I missed 3rd about three times. I know its not my lack of knowledge with the 6 speed transmission because my 99 camaro ss had the 6 speed also which I never had a problem with. I took my car to steeda and they installed the shifter in 1 hour. All I can say is that finding third is a breeze now and the whole transmission feels a lot easier to manuever through. thanks, Black03

Jim S

Established Member
Black03,

Nice post. Should I desire itif things work out, Steeda is only 15 minutes from my house.: :-D

Jim S

Established Member
I was just hanging out with a guy with an '03 black coupe. He had Steeda put the Tri Ax in and, while he it is an improvement of the stock for finding the gates especially 3rd, he says the noise is horrendous. He's thinking of trying the Pro 5.0.

Friendchicken

people have been reporting tranny noise filtering through the triax. My preference is the pro 5

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
I drove 03 Cobra with Pro 5.0 and it was quiet.
What is the difference between the 2 shifters??

Jim V.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
My Tri-ax will be here tomorrow hopefully, so I will have more input for you later.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
There is *some* noise, but it isn't too bad. My friend has a pro 5.0 on his bullet, im gonna take it for a cruise and compare the two.

I like it, there was a good amount of noise, but after adjusting the stops to the correct position, it quieted down.

Users who are viewing this thread