Steeda springs install ?'s

Traveler2

Established Member
installed the Boss kit rears so far, fronts go on tomorrow but have a few questions for those in the know.

how much do you trim down your bumpstops?? I took off about .25" and it will still hit when I'm at the end of my driveway, gonna try another .25" and see if that's enough.

I hear a rattle/clanking after the springs are in , inconsistant with regards to speed, mostly happens driving straight and not in corners. as best as I can tell it sounds like it's coming from the spring well area but not really sure. any ideas??? can't see anything obviously rubbing.

I don't have a manual yet but if someone could provide the torque specs for the PH bar, end links, SB, and lower shock mts. I would be grateful. Everything is goodntite but want to eliminate this noise so just going thru process of elimination at this point prior to calling Steeda.

If the car didn't look and drive as nice with these Springs I'd be kinda aggravated as they really need to rethink the directions that are included for car nubees like me.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

installed the Boss kit rears so far, fronts go on tomorrow but have a few questions for those in the know.

how much do you trim down your bumpstops?? I took off about .25" and it will still hit when I'm at the end of my driveway, gonna try another .25" and see if that's enough.

I hear a rattle/clanking after the springs are in , inconsistant with regards to speed, mostly happens driving straight and not in corners. as best as I can tell it sounds like it's coming from the spring well area but not really sure. any ideas??? can't see anything obviously rubbing.

I don't have a manual yet but if someone could provide the torque specs for the PH bar, end links, SB, and lower shock mts. I would be grateful. Everything is goodntite but want to eliminate this noise so just going thru process of elimination at this point prior to calling Steeda.

If the car didn't look and drive as nice with these Springs I'd be kinda aggravated as they really need to rethink the directions that are included for car nubees like me.

I would think that removing the entire top-tier of the bump stop would work for your combo.

Ensuring proper TQ is crucial in eliminating any potential, unwanted noises.

PHR Bolts: 129 ft lbs
End Link Bolts: 85 ft lbs
Lower Shock Bolts: 85 ft lbs
SB?

Did you ensure the springs are seated properly, and the perches are in place? Have you checked to see if your over-axle pipes are scraping on your axle?

Traveler2

Established Member
thank you for the replies fellas.

SB-sway bar, I may not be using the correct names or abbreviations so please correct me when needed.

not sure what you mean specifically by ensuring the springs are seated correctly and if the perches are in place, I'll do some research on this and try to figure this out and confirm if we did it right or have to tweak something.

thanks again for the replies, keep em coming, pics always help as I'm on a steep learning curve with playing around with toys with more than two wheels.

86Fbody

Established Member
No pics from me since I didn't have time to take them, but when putting in the rear springs you needed to look at the orientation of the original spring so as to put the new ones in the same. I don't think the rear perches, what the springs ride on I guess you could say, are any way close to the front's which are very pronounced as to how the spring sits on them.

Traveler2

Established Member
Got the rear sorted with the torque wrench.

Fronts went in and all is well. Between the visual and the ride improvements it's a worthwhile upgrade.

Traveler2

Established Member
yes I did. these cars really should of come set this way.

the OEM rear springs are really odd looking as in they're not coiled in a straight 'stack' like every other spring I've ever seen but very uneven and not uniform. The fronts appeared like I would expect and didn't exhibit this erratic uneven appearance. Is this normal??

BMR Tech

yes I did. these cars really should of come set this way.

the OEM rear springs are really odd looking as in they're not coiled in a straight 'stack' like every other spring I've ever seen but very uneven and not uniform. The fronts appeared like I would expect and didn't exhibit this erratic uneven appearance. Is this normal??

The hourglass shape, you are referring to, was implemented into the S197 Rear-Springs to help reduce wheel-hop. That is why we retained that shape with our S197 Lowering Spring.

Tyler72

Established Member
No kidding! Mine is a wheel hopping SOB!

How much was the car lowered, and is the ride stiffer or softer? I am happy with the height of the front but the rear is a little too high.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread