Steeda Splitter For '03 Cobra

HONBOY1

Established Member
I AM HAVING A STEEDA SPLITTER INSTALLED ON MY '03 COBRA NEXT WEEK. I HOPE I'M NOT MAKING A MISTAKE. HAS ANYONE SEEN THE STEEDA SPLITTER ON THE '03 COBRA ON THE STREET? I JUST HOPE IT MAKES A DRAMATIC DIFFERENCE WHICH SETS IT APART FROM THE OTHER COBRAS. I'M SCARED THAT I'M GOING TO GET THE CAR BACK AND NOT LIKE IT. ANY OPINIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ON THIS MATTER WILL BE APPRECIATED...:cryying:

SatinGreenGT

Established Member
I've seen it online but not in real life. It will definitely make your cobra stand out more than the other cobras.

Just make sure its removable because you dont want to have a rice'd out cracked front splitter

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
I scrape the front enough and it's not even slammed. Will it look good i say yes just not my cup of tea. And stop YELLING!!!!:bash:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here's a pic of a local '03 with a splitter. It has a wing, too.
SteedaSplitter.jpg

slowstangguy

Established Member
i had a cobra front splitter on my old mustang(99) not on my current cobra cause i learned my lesson. though the car looked amazing with it but even with me living in florida with flat roads, that front end took a beating and thats when i was being careful with it. if you come across a speed bump that is just alittle too high, kiss the front lip good bye. and if your car is ever on a flatbed truck for towing reasons it will get ripped right off. be prepared to limit where you can drive it

HONBOY1

Established Member
Wow! I don't think I like it now by the looks of that photo. I hope the guy from metric motorsport can cancel the order. Maybe I'll just lower the car with kb springs. Thanks for the photo Bob, sorry for yelling. Is there anyone else in here that has more picks of a silver '03 with the steeda splitter? Oh yah, minus the nasty wing. Thanks guys!!!

scsvt

Established Member
I love the way it looks. I like the R spoiler too, but I would not be able to pull into my apartment complex without ripping it off so I can't add it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I didn't want to comment on it either way because I assumed you liked it. Here is another photo right from the Steeda website.

SteedaSplitter1.jpg

slowstangguy

Established Member
oh and just to let you know steeda no longer has their front lip on the #20 car. i live right down the road from them and they cut it out sometime ago. if you look at recent pics of it on their site you will see it isn't there anymore, i think it was because it got damaged to easily.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
If you keep up on the 5.0 magazine yellow mustang, they have gone through 2 of them in the last year due to road debris damage. Saw a guy put one on a GT on a lift (stock height), looked great till he drove OFF the lift and the nose bottomed out and chipped and cracked the paint. Don't ever lower it!

HONBOY1

Established Member
no splitter for me now! i appreciate the input guys..i think i would rather put a saleen wing on, lower it, and be done with the exterior styling. i had a saleen s281 wing on my last '03 cobra and it looked awesome.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Now that would look sweet, seen that setup in person, I think a lowered Cobra looks much better than one with a bigger nose IMO.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by geepaw
looks like it makes a great snow plow mod.....:xpl:
I just burst out laughing when I read your post. Or, dare I say, a cow catcher. No, maybe a squirrel catcher.
:lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread