steeda shifter

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
I just installed mine today. Steeda states don't install rubber boot which was around stock sifter on to the new shift, so I didn't. But this is what would help noise correct?

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by brad65ford
I just installed mine today. Steeda states don't install rubber boot which was around stock sifter on to the new shift, so I didn't. But this is what would help noise correct?

You want to install it. I installed it on mine and have had it that way for several months now with absolutely no problems.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yep. But don't be surprised if it still isn't as quiet as stock. I wasn't designed to be. That's why I switched back. Mine is a daily driver -- not a racer. That's also why I'm removing the Magnaflow cat-back on Monday. Too loud. I will, though, leave the Magnaflow catted-X on. Am I getting too old? LOL!

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Yep. But don't be surprised if it still isn't as quiet as stock. I wasn't designed to be. That's why I switched back. Mine is a daily driver -- not a racer. That's also why I'm removing the Magnaflow cat-back on Monday. Too loud. I will, though, leave the Magnaflow catted-X on. Am I getting too old? LOL!

I would install the stock h-pipe. It will reduce the noise a fair amount and allow you to keep the HP gains from the catback. The factory catback is very restrictive, the stock h-pipe is not. I would also add the baffles to further reduce the sound.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Redfire2003Cobr
Toofast4u, you said you cut the boot off the stock shifter and put it on yours, you think that would work for the Pro 5.0? Any pictures?

You don't need to cut it. It just pulls right off the stock shifter and you can put it over the shifting mechanism. It should work with the Pro 5.0. My main reason behind doing this was also to seal the assembly from the elements so dirt and water don't get in the action as well as reduce the noise from the shifter. Just make sure you have the stops set first so you don't have to install it then un-install and then re-install. I don't have any pictures.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was thinking about the H-pipe but I've already paid for and installed the X-pipe. I did try the baffles. They helped a bit but I'm looking for a close-to-stock sound. I'll live with the stock mufflers. Don't forget that the Magnaflow cats should flow better than the stock cats. I know the bigger gain is to keep the cat-back, but I should at least be somewhere in between -- meaning I will net 8 or so RWHP with my setup. Wouldn't you agree? From what I hear the Magnaflows will actually get a bit louder after they're broken in. I'm looking to go the other way.

Last edited:

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Well, I tried using the old boot of the stock shifter. You have to really stretch it to get it on, but it works. Thanks for the advice Toofast4u. I will probably test it out today, but I'm sure it should cut down on the noise coming from the shifter.
:D

shifter.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread