Steeda shifter help

mark23svt

Established Member
Hey guys just installed a new steeda short throw. After installation I drove the car a couple of miles and right away noticed shifter feels really loose. While in gear you can move it left and right. The bolt are all tightened up. Can figure out why that would happen. Only thing I thought about was the shifter cup bushing but I believe it’s in the transmission. Any advice? Thanks.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So the handle is moving left and right while in gear? Did you check to see if the two bolts that hold the two handle pieces together are good and tight? And you're sure that the 4 bolts that secure the shifter base to the tranny mounting plate are good and tight, too?

I would suggest that you pull off the shifter boot and the dust shield and wiggle the shifter to get a better idea of where it's loose.

mark23svt

Established Member
Thanks guys, I took it off and yeah bolts were a bit loose. But I remembered tightening them. Oh well thank you guys. And if I can compare my white cobra which has the steeda is good but my sonic blue has a mgw which in my opinion feels harder but better.

Users who are viewing this thread