Steeda or Bama

stags

Established Member
Just got my final AED tune a few weeks ago. It's like the car is locked into perma beast mode.

Shaun is great to work with, answered my constant questions (sorry to be that PITA customer)

I know a few guys who have had multiple tunes, they all swear by Shaun's work. 1 was the first auto CJ in North America, Bama couldn't get it to run, but Shaun's base tune was perfect.

I personally will never own another car NOT tuned by Shaun

Last edited:

mattaglover

2011 5.0
Established Member
Not steeda, they have tunes for life and used to tune off road exhaust but will not anymore. I am a tunes for life member with them for the same reason you are looking to be, mod and tune as you go. After two revisions they came back and told me they will not turn the rear o2 sensors off any more because it is against the law. I asked for a refund since when I got the tunes they offered off road tuning and they said no. Don't waste your money like I did.

After having bama and steeda if I could do it again I would just spend the extra money on aed and do it right the first time. Looks like he offers what we need anyways for small mods.

Steeda just emailed me back, they will tune it for off road use if I send them a formal letter stating it is only being used off road. Provide my vin number and picture front back and both sides of the vehicle and a picture of the Vin plate.

I don't want to remove what I said because it did happen but Matt at Steeda just resolved the issue with me and is now tuning my car will off road exhaust.

Last edited:

nate714

Established Member
Not steeda, they have tunes for life and used to tune off road exhaust but will not anymore. I am a tunes for life member with them for the same reason you are looking to be, mod and tune as you go. After two revisions they came back and told me they will not turn the rear o2 sensors off any more because it is against the law. I asked for a refund since when I got the tunes they offered off road tuning and they said no. Don't waste your money like I did.

After having bama and steeds if I could do it again I would just spend the extra money on zed and do it right the first time. Looks like he offers what we need anyways for small mods.

Steeds just emailed me back, they will tune it for off road use if I send them a formal letter stating it is only being used off road. Provide my vin number and picture front back and both sides of the vehicle.

This is concerning :( I hope this doesn't become a trend in other big names.

AutoRed5.0

Established Member
Wow !! Thank you for that info , I won't be going to Steeda anymore
I will just wait for the investment & get the AED tune like everyone is saying
Like Nate714 said, I hope it doesn't become a trend with other big tuners out there

Lemonth

Established Member
How would MPT tunes for the 2014 GT compare? Through different sources I have seen that people would swear by them

Rodinator

Established Member
I emailed Steeda and got the same response. They will not mess with the emissions tuning. Which is unfortunate only mod I have is off road X pipe. I went with a Bama tune. Should be here Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread