Steeda is not a Secure online Site

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by nivek
Damn, I agree giving out my cc number to anyone scares the me. Glad to see it did'nt cost you anything.
Here's the kicker. Guess who has to pay for the merchandise that was fraudulently obtained? The merchants. Citiback told me that the merchants who didn't follow established policies for checking credit card orders had to absorb the cost of the merchandise. Ouch! Three merchants DID however use good checking procedures and refused the orders. Two of them even gave me the computer address of the scumbag who tried to use my number. In both cases they were the same. Citibank said they doubted they would investigate it further. Guess because it wasn't coming out of their pocket they didn't want to invest time and money in an investigation. Sad thing is this crook gets to probably do it again. And again. :nonono:

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
When you phone in an order, is it over a cordless phone? Same problem. A neighbor with a scanner.

How about in a restaurant. Your waiter could have a pocket sized scanner and read your cc's mag strip as he walks away from your table.

There are lots of easy ways for them to steal your information. Besides, paying for everything by cc makes it real easy for the IRS to check up on you. They don't want you to use cash. It makes it harder to keep tabs on you.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me. I've been through an audit before. They even questioned the $29 my wife paid for makeup. I'd use cash for everything if I could. Privacy is dead.

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Originally posted by SvTaNg03
and you still haven't learned your lesson...?:rollseyes

Which lesson is that? I didn't pay for the fraudulent charges. I'm not going to stop using my credit cards because they might get used by someone else...that's just stupid. Maybe I should stop driving my car because some jackass might rearend me.:rollseyes

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by AtomHeart
Which lesson is that? I didn't pay for the fraudulent charges. I'm not going to stop using my credit cards because they might get used by someone else...that's just stupid. Maybe I should stop driving my car because some jackass might rearend me.:rollseyes
Yep, that is the truth. Nowadays you can't really get by with cash only. I probably use a CC for 90% of my purchases. I would never be able to stop using them. I just try to be as careful as I can be, but no matter how careful you are it is possible for someone to get your info.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
you know thats not the end of it with a secure order form. Do they store your credit card information at there site as many merchants do so its easier to reorder next time(generalizing not pointing at steeda). However how secure is that information?

Ive had my CC rip off from a merchant when someone cracked there network and pulled thousands of CC's off of there site.

fortunately my CC provider spotted the odd transaction behavior and called me. Got the money back and a new card.

Secure web site or not, how secure is anyones network?

Users who are viewing this thread