Steeda has the worst customer service

bborder

Established Member
I recently ordered the 13" rear brake upgrade from Steeda. Made my order over the phone with a consultant because I had some questions. The parts finally arrive and when I called back because I had more questions, they say that the parts won't work on the Cobra. I asked them why they never told me this when I ordered and they blamed me for not giving them all the pertinent information. Their website says 94-04 Mustang and says nothing about it not being compatible with the Cobra. So, in addition to them blaming me, the customer, for not telling them all the information at the time of order, they refused to schedule a UPS pickup and are now requesting me to eat $80 in shipping charges to return the goods. They didn't even care that I work for the world's largest Ford dealership and could potentially help or hinder their business. The salesman just got very argumentative.

Sound like good customer service to you guys??

Does anyone know someone high up at Steeda that I could talk to? I'd like to resolve it without having to file a chargeback with my credit card company.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
They would have specified if they were for the 03-04 cobra. Just like the springs .. there's the Mustang springs and the Cobra springs.

Your car is not a 99-04 Mustang, it is a 03-04 Cobra.

You made the error. You should have told them on the phone it was for a 2003/04 COBRA. The brakes on the Cobra and Mustang are DIFFERENT.

TRBO VNM

Originally posted by ChicagoMike
They would have specified if they were for the 03-04 cobra. Just like the springs .. there's the Mustang springs and the Cobra springs.

Your car is not a 99-04 Mustang, it is a 03-04 Cobra.

You made the error. You should have told them on the phone it was for a 2003/04 COBRA. The brakes on the Cobra and Mustang are DIFFERENT.

sorry man, but I feel the same as this. I always make sure I specify Cobra and 04'. I have never had a problem with them and will continue to do business with them. actually I just ordered their springs.

Be glad they aren't trying to charge you a restocking fee. they should and very well could do that as well.

SMOKE

Old School ROUSH
Established Member
I agree, although it doesn't excuse being argumentative or even defensive.

I've met the STEEDA folks Fred Mills and Dario, they are good lot .... I think if you called back with a different attitude {hopefully they have better attitude too} you 'll get it taken care of.
They understand customer service better than most.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I have always had very good relations with steeda and I would agree that the fault is not on their end. That would be just like you ordering their mustang strut tower brace and then being upset because it did not fit the '03/'04 cobra.

For what it is worth, I have that exact same brake upgrade setting on the floor in my living room. I ordered it along with the powerslot front rotors and steeda embossed calipers. I got them all for my GT but only the fronts worked on the cobra that I have now. You could do exactly what I am going to do....sell this irs and put the money towards a built solid rear axle and then install my 13" rear brakes:D:D:D Problem solved!

bborder

Established Member
I guess when I sell an F150 and someone tells me they're going to tow, I shouldn't ask about how much weight they're going to pull; after all, if they don't volunteer the information, that's their fault, huh?

Oh well, I'll just chauk it up as a lesson learned and $80 in shipping wasted.

On another note, if anyone knows anyone that would benefit from this kit, I could just as easily sell it to them.

-Brian

bborder

Established Member
Additionally, our cars are "Mustangs" and a lot of parts are interchangeable. Just in case you don't think so, take a look at your passenger side dashboard where it reads "Mustang." And try to order a "Cobra-specific" K-member or A-Arms; it doesn't exist.

Not to get in a pissing match but c'mon. If Steeda didn't think it was ambiguous on their website they wouldn't have hussled to update the site right after my phone call with them. Before the call... it said it was for 94-04 Mustang; after my phonecall they conveniently added the word "GT". Funny how that snuck on the site.

black96snake

Established Member
Before I ate 80 bucks in shipping I would sell the kit on ebay or in the market section. The kit is what like 300 bucks? So if you get 220 out of it your comming out better. If I had a GT I'd buy them from you in a second.

BTW I've never had a problem w/ steeda

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
GUys. Steeda is a huge company. They can and should take back the brakes, and they should eat the shipping. Its just bad business if they dont. . FOr them to say that I am the one to eat the shipping cost, well that would basically cost them a customer. Now if they ate the shipping cost, well then thats a company that I will continue to buy from.

Users who are viewing this thread