steeda cold airlast intake without tune?

marc813

Mach Won
Established Member
I just bought a steeds cold air that requires a tune and I was just wondering why it needs to be tuned? How much of a difference does it make? Can it hurt the motor untuned?

SVTStampede

Established Member
I just bought a steeds cold air that requires a tune and I was just wondering why it needs to be tuned? How much of a difference does it make? Can it hurt the motor untuned?

The Mass Air Meter housing is built into the "intake pipes" on these cars. The Steeda has a larger housing.

This means without a tune your car would not be able to accurately measure the air coming in.

This can result in engine damage.

That's the clear simple way of saying it.

Do not run it without a tune. There are some other brands you can run without a tune, if you care.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The Mass Air Meter housing is built into the "intake pipes" on these cars. The Steeda has a larger housing.

This means without a tune your car would not be able to accurately measure the air coming in.

This can result in engine damage.

That's the clear simple way of saying it.

Do not run it without a tune. There are some other brands you can run without a tune, if you care.

This is all spot on.

coyotestang

Established Member
ya it will be ok to drive to get a tune,just stay outta the gas. i plan on driving mine bout the same distance away with intake,headers,o/r xpipe to get a dynotune

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
Not a good idea. You could pre-assemble the CAI and then install it in the parking lot where you get your dyno tune. Probably take all of 10 minutes to actually install it in the car.

You could also ask your tuner to send you a temp tune to drive it over there.

Users who are viewing this thread