Steeda Chassis X-Brace Installed

Ackman70

Established Member
I wanted to share the cosmetic results of my custom Steeda brace.

1. I ordered the standard brace from Steeda
  2. I blasted off all the original powder coating
  3. I removed the Steeda plaque and welded up the holes
  4. I had it powder coated Ford Racing blue to match all my other suspension parts
  5. I installed a OEM 5.0 fender badge in the center

I'm very happy with the results. It's raining here so no test drive yet!

28525058-0c17-44a1-b9d0-02183d347cf0_zps71f19de1.jpg

Gabe9195

Whippled Coyote
Established Member
I like it, but I probably wouldn't have bothered modding it.

And I'd love to see a Ford-oval badge instead of that 5.0, but that's me

Ackman70

Established Member
Is this a show piece? What kind of difference are you expecting when you go for a drive?

Yes and none.

And to answer some of the other critics. I didn't like the Steeda plaque so that's why I changed it. The beauty of the 5.0 emblem is it mounts using double sided tape. I can always change it out to a Ford oval or anything else at a later date.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
The top of the x bolts up to the struts but what does the bottom of the x bolt up to? Do you have to drill holes?

Last edited:

ExTurbo

Established Member
i like the 5.0 badge actually

I worry about the X braces as ive been told they can put a lot of extra stress on different components on a car thats driven frequently on the street. The laguna seca cars have this from the factory but were never meant to be daily driven like the boss or GT. Can anyone else maybe more informed than me chime in?

tj@steeda

Established Member
There are several write up on this across the forums ... we also have some reviews here:

Steeda 2005-14 Mustang Rear Chassis X-Brace - Made in USA 555-5093 - Free Shipping!

Here is what one consumer said about the difference:

ow, to the noticeable differences. I hope you will all know what I am talking about when I mention the cracks on the freeway from one interchange ramp to the other (like the big swooping interchange turns). Before, I did a test to see how fast and how comfortable I was throughout the turn. I noticed that the rear end liked to kick out or jump a little bit when every I hit those (I am lowered on Eibach Sportlines but it was just like this before I had the springs installed) and I could maybe go 80mph before it was a noticeable jump. After the x-brace, I came into the same turn at 80..left the turn at 110+ without a single kick out or jump..it planted the rear end and I could just keep on going. It was awesome..even my brother in the passenger seat noticed a difference so we are also going to go drive his car (same turn because he doesn't have the x-brace and he is also lowered on Eibach Sportlines) and then come back with my car and feel the difference and then I can give a better analogy of what it is like.

Send me an email to [email protected] if I can help assist with anything?

Best Regards,

TJ

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
I installed my brace today. Very impressed with Steeda's quality.

Install was straightforward and took a little over an hour. Bought a 1/2 inch metal drill bit and nail punch and borrowed a corded drill from my neighbor. I'm 6'3" and had no problem installing the upper bolts by getting in the trunk sideways with my legs hanging over the rear qtr panels.

Drove the car around the neighborhood and the rear end definitely feels tighter.

Users who are viewing this thread