Steeda CAI

Justin

Established Member
What is the proper way to clean the filter on these? I have always used the K&N recharge kit on my other ones, but I think this is different. Has anyone asked Steeda. Just curious.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As far as I know the cleaning process is the same. You can buy the recharge kit from Steeda. I'm just going to replace the filter rather than bother cleaning it. I figure $40. a year is not going to break me and I don't have to mess with cleaning and oiling it. Besides, I like the look of a new filter. LOL!

svt03cobra10th

Established Member
I cleaned mine using the K&N Recharge kit. Works great. I know it is only $40 a year, but the recharge kit is $13 or $14 at Oreily's and I clean mine everytime I change the oil. Maybe a little much, but it gives me piece of mind.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
As far as I know the cleaning process is the same. You can buy the recharge kit from Steeda. I'm just going to replace the filter rather than bother cleaning it. I figure $40. a year is not going to break me and I don't have to mess with cleaning and oiling it. Besides, I like the look of a new filter. LOL!
Where can you get a replacement filter??

SouthTXSnake

Established Member
Just installed mine about an hour ago. Big difference from the Drop in K&N. Blower whine now compliments the stingers. I love and recommend the combo for those who want to stay warranty friendly, if there is such a thing. Ordered from mustangtuning.com for $161.95 to my door. Great service and took about a week to get here. Someone here posted the 10% discount password, but can't remember who. Thanks!! Just enter menthusiast in the discount box for the 10% discount. By the way, if your looking from the front of the car, does the front left edge of the filter touch the openening where the snorkel use to be? Just wondering if its lined up right. Also, I didn't install the air silencer, is this correct? Thanks.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Change it and sell the used one on ebay for 20 bucks. That's what i'm doing.

SouthTXSnake

Established Member
Can anyone post a pic of the top front of the filter? After the install its touching the snorkel opening. If someone has one saved. Can we post pics?

PDubs

Established Member
Great post, I wanted to know this too. But where exactly are the replcement ones coming from?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by 03ShadowCobra
Where can you get a replacement filter??
You can get it from Steeda. If you need the part number I can look it up for you.

spdfrkFL

Track Addict
Established Member
There is no need to replace the filter! Just use k&n recharger kit. The filter is an accel (which comes with a blue oil rather than a red like the k&N) It's the same filter as a K&N. Don't waste your money just clean it with the K&N kit.

Users who are viewing this thread