Steeda CAI vs. MAC CAI

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
I am pretty set on getting the Steeda CAI for 179.99....

however...a buddy of mine told me that his friend just got rid of his 2003 Cobra and has some parts for sale...one of them is a MAC straight shot intake w/ a 95mm MAF... chrome piping and chrome heat shield.

anybody know anything about the MAC intakes...he said he paid 250 for it and would sell it to me for 175.00...he also said that he got the car dynoed with it on and it made between 40-45whp!!!

does that sound right...i havent looked into the MAC intakes that much.

which one would i be better off getting for mostly performance and a nice look???

thanks...i gotta let him know in a few days.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
NO WAY! Stay away from that chrome piping man! Higher temps. under the hood and that thing turns into a hot air intake! Drive around for a bit then try touching that chrome piping and you'll see! :nonono: I just don't deal with MAC products anymore....

mikes03SVT

LSwhat hmm?
Established Member
Take it you had a bad experiance with MAC products before? Never owned any myself but not the best looking products, come off as cheep to me.

Jpjr

Established Member
I own 3 intakes.

2 of them are the FIPK and the MAC Straight Shot.

Hands down the Straight Shot is the easist to install, best looking, and best hp gains of any intake I've used so far. I have not dyno'd but I can certainly feel the thrust. I've also had no heating issues at all.

But right now I'm running the FIPK. Simple reason is that I was worried about the MAC leaning my car out once I put on my Stingers. I was having the stall issue as well, which I just got fixed and didn't want to roll the dice.

Bottom Line: The MAC will come back on once I get up near 500hp. But without a tune, I'm running the K&N. Better safe than sorrr... ;)

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
So...its bad to run the MAC straight shot when otherwise im stock....im planning the borla stingers but not till christmas...along with a 2.83 pulley, and diablo chip.

should i buy the MAC from this guy or just by the steeda....he says his is like new...only used it for 2 weeks and wants 175.00 they sell new for like 250.

Jpjr

Established Member
Originally posted by 04TRCobra
So...its bad to run the MAC straight shot when otherwise im stock....im planning the borla stingers but not till christmas...along with a 2.83 pulley, and diablo chip.

should i buy the MAC from this guy or just by the steeda....he says his is like new...only used it for 2 weeks and wants 175.00 they sell new for like 250.

if you are getting a tune, you can't go wrong with the mac. its high quality and very easy to install. that is a great price. but know that it is a bigger MAF (95mm), and you will need to tune for it. if your just looking to throw on a cai out the box then the steeda is a lot safer.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Steeda all the way. I had mine for over a year and loved it. Two others I tried weren't as good IMO.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
MAC makes a cheap product and they are not the best quality IMO! The ONLY thing I would even consider buying from them is a ProChamber and thats even doubtful at this point. :nonono:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
MAC = :xpl: :xpl: :xpl:

That chrome finish will be peeling soon enough.

I've never been impressed with ANY MAC products.

:1 vote for Steeda

Users who are viewing this thread