Steeda CAI Question

Weasel

Established Member
This weekend when I installed my Steeda CAI, in order for the base to sit flat in the grommets and have the tube that fits on the throttle body oriented so that it could slip back on, I had to loosen the clamp for that tube and twist it. Did others with this CAI find this and does it matter that the relative position of those two sensors is changed matter ?

Thanks
Mike

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think I pretty much had to do the same thing on my Steeda intake. How is your meter now positioned? Mine is pretty close to 12:00.

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Yeah, Steeda didn't put that in the instructions, but there is no way to get it on there right otherwise. Just leave the meter in the 12 o'clock position just like in the picture. Sounds like you did it right.

Weasel

Established Member
OK, thanks everyone; I feel better, now. the sensor is at 12:00. I had noticed that there was another detector/sensor thing in the rubber tube where the small hose fits onto. Since, the two sensors, stock, were in alignment I was worried that they needed to stay that way. Again, thanks all !
The car runs and idles great so far.
The first chance I have I'll get it dynoed again and see if there is any real difference in hp/tq. I do love to hear the sound of the blower.

Mike

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Mike, now if you want to see a sweet looking modified Steeda intake take a look at this pic from OverToad. He had the cover custom made from aluminum, anodized and then engraved.
CustomSteedaCover.jpg

Weasel

Established Member
CobraBob, Yeh, I saw it on the other thread. It's really great. I would have never thought of anodizing it...genius. It would be great to have one in Ford blue or silver to match my car and put the Cobra or SVT logo on.
He didn't mention how much it cost for him to have it made did he ?

Mike

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No, he didn't mention it. Since Doug has already done this one for Kurt, he should be able to make them for anyone at a reasonable cost (anodized, too) if he wants to. I don't want to put words in his mouth so you should first contact Doug and ask him. He's at Ennis this weekend with Rick. I would consider having one made as well. It would be cool just to have a Cobra engraved on the cover. I think I may have given myself an idea to forward to Doug.
:idea:

OverToad

Established Member
Hehehe........I mentioned this in the other thread, but maybe it should go here as well.
The Steeda shield is steel. Doug said you can only anodize aluminum. So the costs involved are buying a filter minus a shield (such as the Powerstack), having a shield custom made from aluminum, shipping it to Doug, having him anodize it, and then engraving it.
However, paying for Doug's labor would be the best move. He could just have the shop that did my shield fab up 5 or 10 (or more? :D ) then Doug could have them anodized, then engraved. The Toad design took over 3 hours to engrave. However, when it's all said and done, what's the value of having something cool like your Cobra etched under your hood? :) And for you Bob and your DSG, I just KNOW that a shield anodized the color of HotRodHarry's TB with a Cobra on it would really match up to your car. That's the beauty of the silvers and DSG: Any anodized color will match it :thumbsup:

OverToad

Established Member
Oh yeah, one thing that I've totally forgotten to mention. If your on a tighter budget, and don't want to have an aluminum shield fabricated then anodized (costs $$$$$) you can simply get the Steeda kit, ship it to Doug, and have him engrave it :) An engraver here in Austin charges around $40-$50 an hour for engraving. I have no idea what Doug charges (yet.....*gulp* :eek: ), but I'd easily spend another piddly $150 to have a Cobra etched into my SS shield :)

Weasel

Established Member
I'd like to get at least an anodized shield. If I want a Cobra on it I guess I could just buy another grill ornament, remove the mount and epoxy it onto the shield.
Maybe I'll call Doug and ask about a price for an anodized aluminum shield.

Mike

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for your input Toad. I already sent Doug an email. I would definitely be interested in a knock-off of your shield, anodized some color, and then engraved with a Cobra. I'll be looking forward to his response. There might very well be other Steeda users who might want this cover with a Cobra.
:beer:

Weasel

Established Member
CobraBob,

Please let me know what you find out.

Thanks
Mike

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Mike, I made a hard copy of your post. I'll let you know when Doug gets back to me.
:)

OverToad

Established Member
FYI: You won't be getting any replies from Doug this weekend. If he's not there allready, he's enroute to Ennis, TX for the NMRA races.

I'd look for some replies early next week.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Thanks for your input Toad. I already sent Doug an email. I would definitely be interested in a knock-off of your shield, anodized some color, and then engraved with a Cobra. I'll be looking forward to his response. There might very well be other Steeda users who might want this cover with a Cobra.
:beer:
Count me in! Something like this, maybe?

vbaz13

Proud Member of
Established Member
I would be interested also. Please keep me in mind. I think he would be able to sell a few of those.

Users who are viewing this thread