State Inspector added 100k miles to my 53k mile Terminator (Texas) Help!

texas_snake

Established Member
So I just had my Terminator Texas state inspection done for 2020, and I noticed on the shop receipt a few days later that it shows for 2019 they had written 153,xxx vs 53,xxx (had driven it only 2K that year). So they added 100k!!! This year I had less than 1k now at 54,xxx miles (they wrote the right miles this year).

I am an original owner of the car and I think I have been completely F'd over by carelessness. It was done at a small mechanic chain in Austin.

Called the state DMV and they said nothing can be done to correct it. Just get it inspected again with updated mileage (which has now been done with 54,xxx miles). But I imagine Carfax and Autocheck will mark a pristine original owner car as odometer issues.

Kinda sick about it...

Does anyone have Carfax or Autocheck accounts and can help me get reports (I can dm). I want to see if I need to beg these companies not to flag this situation creating a nightmare. I don't want to try to fix it down the road where it might take time I would not have if things change for me and the car.

Other thoughts on how to address or if others in Texas had a way to fix this would be great.

Thanks.

Doug

Dan_Soprano

Boost is Cool!!
Established Member
So I just had my Terminator Texas state inspection done for 2020, and I noticed on the shop receipt a few days later that it shows for 2019 they had written 153,xxx vs 53,xxx (had driven it only 2K that year). So they added 100k!!! This year I had less than 1k now at 54,xxx miles (they wrote the right miles this year).

I am an original owner of the car and I think I have been completely F'd over by carelessness. It was done at a small mechanic chain in Austin.

Called the state DMV and they said nothing can be done to correct it. Just get it inspected again with updated mileage (which has now been done with 54,xxx miles). But I imagine Carfax and Autocheck will mark a pristine original owner car as odometer issues.

Kinda sick about it...

Does anyone have Carfax or Autocheck accounts and can help me get reports (I can dm). I want to see if I need to beg these companies not to flag this situation creating a nightmare. I don't want to try to fix it down the road where it might take time I would not have if things change for me and the car.

Other thoughts on how to address or if others in Texas had a way to fix this would be great.

Thanks.

Doug
Think you will be fine. Anyone with common sense should see the year before and after the mistake and realize what’s up.

1320goat

Established Member
Think you will be fine. Anyone with common sense should see the year before and after the mistake and realize what’s up.
You're giving some people too much credit. Some people will just see "mileage discrepancy" and run. I agree, if it's worth looking into and doing your due diligence, the right buyer will do that.

I purchased a vehicle that had "damage reported" to carfax. After some digging I found it was slightly damaged underbody air dam. A couple of the plastic rivets were ripped out. Here I find out, that the oil was changed at a quick lube type place. The employee there must have reported the damage. Somehow that made it back to the carfax report. BS if you ask me.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
To be fully covered (yes, some people will just be concerned about the actual reported odometer number), you should get this resolved. It sounds like your inspection re-do now shows the correct mileage. Yes? If so, check Carfax and Autocheck to confirm they are showing the same mileage and haven't flagged the mileage.

hotcobra03

Established Member
That sucks

if you find a way in to see about your car.

I have no problem sharing vin on mine to compare.

Other than odometer saying 420k
Like to see if reg shows to confirm it

been registered in Texas for 16 yrs
It’s had a couple visits to ford for warranty work up to 72k. After it’s never seen a shop.

Users who are viewing this thread