starting my cobra after 1 year, 4 months, 16 days.

vtecthis349pony

IRS Assassin
Established Member
well i am pulling my car out... i can finally have time to play.... I have changed the oil, and the gas, new belts. new fuel and oil filter. I wanted to get some advice on what more i should do... It needs to be tuned (installed a 8psi lower.. past was a 6psi) and put gt pumps and a modified FPDM. thank you for your help in advance.... BTW how could i prime the oil?:shrug:

2001blkR

Established Member
The only way I know to prime the oil on these motors is to hold the gas pedal to the floor and crank it for about 15 seconds.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
would like to prime it without spinning the motor...

I don't know if that's possible without tearing a lot of things apart. I know it's very easy to do on the old school pushrod cars but the Modulars I'm not too sure about. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will check in soon. Good luck OP.

vtecthis349pony

IRS Assassin
Established Member
I don't know if that's possible without tearing a lot of things apart. I know it's very easy to do on the old school pushrod cars but the Modulars I'm not too sure about. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will check in soon. Good luck OP.
I am push rod guy. Just cranked it at ten.. drove it 10 miles on expired tags... car runs good. And I thought my chipped duramax ran hard... lol. God I missed this car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just curious. Why was it parked for so long? Are you in the military?

Dimitri318

Established Member
Just curious. Why was it parked for so long? Are you in the military?

Haha maybe he was stupid like me and listening to shops telling him his motor was hurt lol..By the way, CobraBob i need a gasket and will be contacting u soon...OP ur damn right i missed this car so much too. first time i drove it today in 5 months have fun with it.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Seth,

Glad to hear the Cobra is finally getting some exercise.:lol1:

Does it still have the NZO wheels you bought from me on it?:shrug:

Russ

vtecthis349pony

IRS Assassin
Established Member
Well a year and six months ago. Thought that was more important... lol will post a pic of my son and the car later... on my cell now.

BTW. How's the car russ?

Last edited:

Dane

Established Member
Wow that is a long time tme since you cranked her, make me think of an old classic in the garage that has not run for years, You gonna drive her now?

Last edited:

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
long time for sitting..... I usually pull the fpdm fuse and then spin it over a few times to prime the oil so it doesnt fire

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Well a year and six months ago. Thought that was more important... lol will post a pic of my son and the car later... on my cell now.

BTW. How's the car russ?

Running great! I added a Whipple, headers, some fuel system mods, and some other stuff. It now pulls like a freight train (whenever I manage to get traction)...:lol1:

Did you have your car sitting on blocks? Otherwise, you may have some "flat" spots in your tires from it not being moved in over a year...:uh oh:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Haha maybe he was stupid like me and listening to shops telling him his motor was hurt lol..By the way, CobraBob i need a gasket and will be contacting u soon...OP ur damn right i missed this car so much too. first time i drove it today in 5 months have fun with it.

Oh, I've heard of more than one story of a shop giving out poor advise. Got one 10 minutes from me as a matter of fact. :dw:

Let me know when you're ready for the gasket set. I've got my inventory refilled so I'm feeling good. LOL!

vtecthis349pony

IRS Assassin
Established Member
Oh, I've heard of more than one story of a shop giving out poor advise. Got one 10 minutes from me as a matter of fact. :dw:

Let me know when you're ready for the gasket set. I've got my inventory refilled so I'm feeling good. LOL!
i will need a set... don't remember the t-56 be that loud.... :shrug:

vtecthis349pony

IRS Assassin
Established Member
Running great! I added a Whipple, headers, some fuel system mods, and some other stuff. It now pulls like a freight train (whenever I manage to get traction)...:lol1:

Did you have your car sitting on blocks? Otherwise, you may have some "flat" spots in your tires from it not being moved in over a year...:uh oh:

ummm whipple..... very nice... one day.

no flat spots.... i got lucky... or i dont feel them... still have your tires on them...... lol

vtecthis349pony

IRS Assassin
Established Member

whipple...... very nice! No new flat spots. still have your tires on.... lol

Users who are viewing this thread