Starting Location For SoCal Terminators Cruise

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
No official date set as of yet. Poisonous Mods suggested the next cruise be held when the weather cools a bit. I believe bborder is helping to organize the next event. I was thinking about Malibu Canyon Road up PCH to Neptune's Net. Just preliminary thoughts...

On bicycles we take Mulholland to Stunt, up Stunt, over to Piuma, down Piuma to Malibu Canyon to PCH to N's Net . There is little traffic on Stunt and Piuma -- last time there were a couple of guys wearing helmets and driving racecars with rollbars. Pretty funny to see.
There was a large motorcycle group at Neptune's Net and a smaller Ferrari group. A group of Cobras would have been nice.

Latigo, near there, is also usually deserted and has an interesting mixture of curves and straights.
JW

maoun

Established Member
i wouldn't mind it being a little closer to LA this time :)

and i'll be one of the guys in a helmet :) hehehe .....with james' remove C&L, eh?

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
P Mods OK....I'll show up butt naked so my hair can hit the Ocean breeze, as long as I'm not alone. Do we bring wives or girlfriends?

It's been a while since I cruised the Malibu Mtns and stopped in at the Rock Store. 50 Cobras doing a slow pass by all those Harleys and ricerockets might be cool.

The Bald one

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
Ummm.. I vote for open Field. It's just not the same without the cool Mach 1 guys there(selfish reasons ;-) ) The last cruise was sweet, BUT we should try and do it in a less traffic regulated area. Through the canyons or up the coast through Malibu is great! I did a civic cruise to Vortech a few years back and had about 100 cars. IT was sweet and there were no traffic lights to mess us up. It was hard keeping that big group together for the last cobra cruise. I'm happy to help plan if anyone wants the input.

Trevor
:beer:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
OX03...aint no betraying no one if the field is mixed up. We are in Southern California ;-) :beer:

Some might not have the heart of the term as SoCalTerminators... which wouldnt make it wrong :D

Come on bro :thumbsup:

Hows if we bust a poll?

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Heh...No problem...Collective, open-minded decisions are what I favor...Bust a poll...

For the record, I am part of SoCal Wild Horses <http://www.wildhorsesclub.com/>, a local Mustang club that caters to Mustang enthusiasts of all models and years. Like FuShnickens, no elitist sentiments here :) .

Similiar to when I cruised with SoCal Supras. The lone RX-7 was an import brother, but trailed the pack to allow for footage of consecutive Supra runs. I did the same, enjoying the show from the tail end of the line. Offhand, I do not feel this is an issue of being an open or closed club. All are welcome, absolutely. But come picture and video time, we should be given our own line for the sake of imagery.

Last edited:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
i'm down for whenever and wherever as long as it's either the beach or mountains before it gets too cold or rainy, or desert after it drops below 100*. ;-)

Offhand, I do not feel this is an issue of being an open or closed club. All are welcome, absolutely. But come picture and video time, we should be given our own line for the sake of imagery.

true. i was always welcome at svt/cobra events when i had my gt and to extend the same graciousness i received is a must. we can all learn something from each other and there's always plenty of stuff to talk about. i just kinda got out of the way when it was media time. now a few people at the corvette big bear g2g didn't like me sneaking into the middle of their "around the lake" cruise but that's another story... :)

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
I have not been invited, but I will preemptively take a pass anyway...

Although it is generous of you guys to offer the non-terminators a seat at the back of the bus...and our own drinking fountain, washroom, and separate restaurant...

But you're not elitist...'cause you said so...

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
Hmmm... Always fun to be where your not wanted :cryying: . Hey L.B. Maybe they'd let us come with them if we washed their cars for them. Yes 'ir we'll shine 'em good we will, me and LB. Uhh huh!

Poisonous Mods looks out for the little guy ;-) 3 cheers!:beer:

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
O.K. this is were the 03Cobra's might be looked at having a big ego... issue. Some thing to think about Adam :shrug:

I aint down for that :nono:

Come on LB ;-) i said id watch ur back :beer:
Road Racin its all about having good folks around you in life :D

Well this is for Cali & not just Terminators since we have our own section.... & Mach1's are part of SVT.Performance

Trust me Adam they are good folks to be around with.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
May be a poor analogy, but reminds me of when I was considering joining the University of Southern California Latino Business Student Association as a non-Latino. Sure I could have, no problem. One of their tenants is founded upon open-minded acceptance. And I had a more than a few friends holding LBA board positions. But I eventually opted to join another association of a similar ideal. The point is that there are various groups and associations catering to various interests.

Again I am a member of SoCal Wild Horses. We have hundreds of enthusiasts spanning the state. We cruise from time to time, place to place. I cruise with Mustangs of all models and years and can appreciate them all.

The SoCal Terminator beach cruise was something special. Something other enthusiasts should recognize as being an entity unto itself. Again, all are welcome, absolutely. But come picture and video time, we should be given our own line for the sake of imagery.

Well this is for Cali & not just Terminators since we have our own section...
Obviously. But that is not the point. Imagine a Z06 cruise with C5s interspersed within the line. Or a Supra cruise with with non-TTs in between. It is all about sight lines, sight, lines, sight lines. Imaging Snakin 69's video without the trucks in between <http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48071>. . Breathtaking, to say the least.

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
See thats were i differ.
If i wanted to Join SoCal Wild Horses i would of by now :D

But the fact is i didnt & find the folks in the forum perfect folks to hang out with. May it be GT's or Mach1's...its the folks that make this forum what it is.
:beer:

If u wanted to just have Terminators the thread should of just remained in the Terminators cause ur bringing this out to the Regional Forums & making exclussions.

Yes id agree the sight is some thing to behold but its that important to you were we have to segregate?

Really...i can imagine that some folks can view the Terminator Owners as having our noses up in the air. Simple facts can easly lead them to that conclusion.

Seperation / Segregation .... that never worked or works but thats just my view on my past exp. :shrug:

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
New SO CAL CLUB

CGFSVTPWDMALTHO,STSAGOC Club.

Cool guys from SVT Performance who drive mustangs and like to hang out, shoot the shit and go on crusies

That will make one hell of a T-Shirt! Any one wanna join?? Btw, we will not require anyone to run club stickers as windshield banners. We are also able to meet and run with other clubs.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Such are the complications that arise from such a debate. Separatism? Segregation? Being a minority, I am well aware of the pitfalls of such beliefs. How could I not? And for the record, there has not been a single reference to the exclusion of people, of personalities. None whatsoever.

Take a look at Selected SoCal Sunset Beach Cruise Pics... <http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47820>. Read the title captions of the pictures, particularly the last one. Bottom line is that participation and suggested protocols are not indicative of gerrymandering.

jonas

Established Member
roadracin u dont have to wash my car
just sell me the works when it comes out :)

you do that and I'll wash YOUR car

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Same here, Road Racin'...Sell me a Works 140 unit and I will wash and wax your car :) .

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Lets gather around our Mach 1 friends and give them a collective Cobra squeeze (hug) and move this forum along. If we do this right we should have 50+ for the next cruise plus a few "older" Cobras and Mach 1 friends who can tollerate our lofty elitist attitudes.

Question? Do we need to get this forum back on to Terminators and ralley the troops for input? It appears that most do not visit the Regional section.

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
Sorry Jonas. ox03 gets the first one off the line. He's gonna wax it too... Do I hear clay bar??? j/k :p

Btw. I call the middle for the Cobra Mach bear hug...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread