Starting a youtube channel.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I have been watching MXR Mods on Youtube lately. All he does is review mods for Skyrim and Fallout 4, which I play neither game and dont even have a gaming PC, but the guy is hilarious and he is raking it in. Once you figure out how he structures it and the details he consistently hits on, it is pretty entertaining in comedic value. It's sarcasm turned up to 11 basically but a genius way to attract followers to an otherwise boring subject. It's a good example of how far personality can get you on there.

11sec Guy

Established Member
I made a youtube channel about a year ago for my motorcycles, but it has not taken off much. Check it out, let me know what you guys think.

Moto-man

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I have been watching MXR Mods on Youtube lately. All he does is review mods for Skyrim and Fallout 4, which I play neither game and dont even have a gaming PC, but the guy is hilarious and he is raking it in. Once you figure out how he structures it and the details he consistently hits on, it is pretty entertaining in comedic value. It's sarcasm turned up to 11 basically but a genius way to attract followers to an otherwise boring subject. It's a good example of how far personality can get you on there.
Basically me with speirstheamazinghd. I don’t watch gaming but I find him wicked funny

Jaysin

Established Member
I made a youtube channel about a year ago for my motorcycles, but it has not taken off much. Check it out, let me know what you guys think.

Moto-man

I went to your channel and the Detroit vid was cool, but to short! I enjoy videos like that, filmed in a city I’ve never been, and a city always makes for a cool setting anyway in my opinion. I’ll check out more videos, but glancing I noticed most of the vids are pretty short, maybe adding a few minutes to each would help people get invested, like I said I wish the Detroit vid was longer, maybe add some GoPro helmet shots for different angles would be cool too. Good job though, 100+ subscribers is pretty cool imo, not a lot compared to the popular channels but when you break it down as in that’s over 100 individuals who took time to subscribe to your channel, and a lot of them take the time to watch, cool stuff man! Nice bike too!

11sec Guy

Established Member
I went to your channel and the Detroit vid was cool, but to short! I enjoy videos like that, filmed in a city I’ve never been, and a city always makes for a cool setting anyway in my opinion. I’ll check out more videos, but glancing I noticed most of the vids are pretty short, maybe adding a few minutes to each would help people get invested, like I said I wish the Detroit vid was longer, maybe add some GoPro helmet shots for different angles would be cool too. Good job though, 100+ subscribers is pretty cool imo, not a lot compared to the popular channels but when you break it down as in that’s over 100 individuals who took time to subscribe to your channel, and a lot of them take the time to watch, cool stuff man! Nice bike too!

Thanks for checking out the channel. I am still learning how to put videos together. I wasnt sure if i should make them longer or not, i was assuming people nowadays have a short attention span so i figured i would get right to the point of the videos. i also am doing these off my phone so the shorter videos are easier to upload and send. The Detroit video was my first attempt at doing something a little different other then racing. Two other guys i ride with once and while 5UP and 650ib have inspired me to put my gopro to better use.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Rule of thumb I was told 10-15 minutes unless you do bi weekly to a month then 30-45 minutes

For me I would only be able to do a 15-20 minute tops as that would translate to about 4-8 hours of video before editing it

11sec Guy

Established Member
Rule of thumb I was told 10-15 minutes unless you do bi weekly to a month then 30-45 minutes

For me I would only be able to do a 15-20 minute tops as that would translate to about 4-8 hours of video before editing it
yeah i guess i will have to start making longer videos and also give some commentary about whats going on. I go to the track all the time with my brother and between the both of us we have some nice bikes to make videos with S1000rr, H2, Busa, new GSXR.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member

Moto-man
If you did vlog style videos like car guys do Then I think your channel could go somewhere. But, from what I’ve seen it seems like bike channels are getting killed from lack of ads.

Users who are viewing this thread