Starting a youtube channel.

D'ZR1 Messiah

Established Member
I've actually been doing YT for just over a year. I haven't been as consistent as I should have been but I've been ramping things up since I ordered my ZR1 which the channel will be based mostly around. However, there is much more to YT than catchy titles and thumbnails. While I agree that those help, you have to know how to appease the YT algorithm which changes constantly. Right now, optimized tagging and views is what it's all about. I have just starting using TubeBuddy and that thing is a Godsend. It tracks all of your analytics and assists you with optimizing your channel. Following the steps and tricks has worked wonders. I'm still in the process of changing up some of my earlier videos. Also, collaborating works wonders. Gets you out into another youtubers sphere of influence and gets you in front of his or her followers. I'm definitely changing things up and hoping to start gaining more and more subscribers as I do.

As someone has already said, do it for fun not to make money because you'll be sadly disappointment! It won't happen overnight, but if you stick at it you can get a pretty good subscriber base going. Well, unless your Peter Mckinnon!

D'ZR1 MESSIAH

Last edited:

D'ZR1 Messiah

Established Member
Every now and then i get on youtube to see whats new.

There are tons of new people with their own channels and they're blowing up. The things that they broadcast are downright dumb but yet people worship them.

Has anyone ever thought of starting their own channel?

I have...

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

JUST DO IT MAN! That was my biggest hurdle was to just decide to do it!

Jaysin

Established Member
I tried jumping into the YouTube world earlier this year, it was a lot different than I thought. I didn’t do it for money or to try and get rich like a lot of people set their expectations to. The content I made was very specific to a certain group, and it pretty much went about as bad as it could and I stopped doing it, but I enjoyed the process overall and was happy I actually went through with it.

A little more detail. The content I produced was gaming, but it was based around doing rebuilds in Madden. I don’t play video games much anymore, but I’m a big sports fan and I usually buy Madden and 2K every year. I never play online though like 95% of people do now, I still play franchise mode 99% of the time, and take bad teams and go through seasons, trading players, signing free agents and trying to turn them into contenders. There are a few YouTube channels based around the concept, and the majority are clickbait, over the top stuff that I don’t enjoy, but was intrigued that other people play how I do, so I decided to try it myself. Only posted 5 or 6 videos, hardly any views, gained no subscribers, but like I said, I did it, and was proud of myself for trying. Also though, with a job and an 8 month old crawling around I had very limited time to make videos, and was getting burned out on playing as it wasn’t that fun due to the time limitation and trying to make videos. Side note, talking to yourself in a mic doing commentary over a video is a lot harder than I thought, very awkward for me, and I already hate how my voice sounds so editing after always sucked lol.
Sorry for the rant.

I say go for it if you’re interested, worst case you hate it and it doesn’t do as well as you thought. Best case scenario you enjoy it and might can make some cash off of it!

jmsa540

Established Member
I tried jumping into the YouTube world earlier this year, it was a lot different than I thought. I didn’t do it for money or to try and get rich like a lot of people set their expectations to. The content I made was very specific to a certain group, and it pretty much went about as bad as it could and I stopped doing it, but I enjoyed the process overall and was happy I actually went through with it.

A little more detail. The content I produced was gaming, but it was based around doing rebuilds in Madden. I don’t play video games much anymore, but I’m a big sports fan and I usually buy Madden and 2K every year. I never play online though like 95% of people do now, I still play franchise mode 99% of the time, and take bad teams and go through seasons, trading players, signing free agents and trying to turn them into contenders. There are a few YouTube channels based around the concept, and the majority are clickbait, over the top stuff that I don’t enjoy, but was intrigued that other people play how I do, so I decided to try it myself. Only posted 5 or 6 videos, hardly any views, gained no subscribers, but like I said, I did it, and was proud of myself for trying. Also though, with a job and an 8 month old crawling around I had very limited time to make videos, and was getting burned out on playing as it wasn’t that fun due to the time limitation and trying to make videos. Side note, talking to yourself in a mic doing commentary over a video is a lot harder than I thought, very awkward for me, and I already hate how my voice sounds so editing after always sucked lol.
Sorry for the rant.

I say go for it if you’re interested, worst case you hate it and it doesn’t do as well as you thought. Best case scenario you enjoy it and might can make some cash off of it!
I like your positive attitude, bud.

BladeX10

Established Member
The problem with Youtube now is that people found out it makes money so we got thousands and thousands of people making cookie cutter channels trying to get onto that money train. The amount of fake ass auto vloggers or vloggers in general out there is staggering. Trying to follow a copy cat formula with zero originality wont get you anywhere. I dont want to see you be a fake ass Casey Neistat. You have to do it from the heart with the intention on not making a cent. Do something new, fresh and give people a reason to watch.

BladeX10

Established Member

Sorry for the rant.

Youre about 6 years too late on the gaming thing. Most gaming channels who are still around dont even do gaming content much anymore and the ones that didnt evolve all died off. The fortnite craze is pretty big right now but thatll die off soon too.

Sirraf

Established Member
It's not so much YT now as it is streamers. These gamers that host on twitch make stupid money. I have seen them get literally $5-$10k donations at a time.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Youre about 6 years too late on the gaming thing. Most gaming channels who are still around dont even do gaming content much anymore and the ones that didnt evolve all died off. The fortnite craze is pretty big right now but thatll die off soon too.
I disagree. I think gaming is still very current. Honesty I think more Than it ever has been. Since more and more people are turning away from basic television, that is opening doors for e-sports. More and more gaming tournements are happening.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
The problem with Youtube now is that people found out it makes money so we got thousands and thousands of people making cookie cutter channels trying to get onto that money train. The amount of fake ass auto vloggers or vloggers in general out there is staggering. Trying to follow a copy cat formula with zero originality wont get you anywhere. I dont want to see you be a fake ass Casey Neistat. You have to do it from the heart with the intention on not making a cent. Do something new, fresh and give people a reason to watch.
There’s only so many things you can do with an automotive channel. Streetspeed717, guitarmageddonzl1, rp productions, mustanglifestyle all do the exact same thing just each does it with a different car. ItsjustA6 is a good example. Started a channel less than a year ago and already has over 200k subs it’s raking in serious money.

BladeX10

Established Member
I disagree. I think gaming is still very current. Honesty I think more Than it ever has been. Since more and more people are turning away from basic television, that is opening doors for e-sports. More and more gaming tournements are happening.

There has definitely been a new wave of gaming channels recently. Its more streaming/online gaming based now like Fortnite is IN at the moment. It went through a very dull saturated period with a bunch of people trying to be like Pewdiepie/Jacksepticeye/Markiplier etc

There’s only so many things you can do with an automotive channel. Streetspeed717, guitarmageddonzl1, rp productions, mustanglifestyle all do the exact same thing just each does it with a different car. ItsjustA6 is a good example. Started a channel less than a year ago and already has over 200k subs it’s raking in serious money.

The current wave right now in the auto youtube world is rebuilding wrecked cars. This channel (goonzquad) had like 50k subs, Picked up a wrecked 2017 Mustang GT a few weeks ago and their channel blew the hell up. Look at the views the mustang rebuild got compared to their other projects. They are getting like 10-20k new subs a day now and just picked up a crashed 2017 Z06 to rebuild. You just have to slow grind until you put out something that just catches fire and it snowballs from there.

wckdvnm

Established Member

Becareful one of those channels posts on here under a different user name; showing people incorrect or wrong info lol

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
There has definitely been a new wave of gaming channels recently. Its more streaming/online gaming based now like Fortnite is IN at the moment. It went through a very dull saturated period with a bunch of people trying to be like Pewdiepie/Jacksepticeye/Markiplier etc

The current wave right now in the auto youtube world is rebuilding wrecked cars. This channel (goonzquad) had like 50k subs, Picked up a wrecked 2017 Mustang GT a few weeks ago and their channel blew the hell up. Look at the views the mustang rebuild got compared to their other projects. They are getting like 10-20k new subs a day now and just picked up a crashed 2017 Z06 to rebuild. You just have to slow grind until you put out something that just catches fire and it snowballs from there.
Same thing with Tavarish who bought a “cheap” Lamborghini. Doin that rebuild I think he gained 2 or 300k subs in a few months

Jaysin

Established Member
I hate how a lot of these channels change over time, or more so the personality. I mean I understand that’s a natural thing, you get more subs, make more money, then have to put out more and more content, but a lot of times it’s just filler, and you can see the success changing some of these people. I quit watching streetspeed717 due to all the damn clickbait titles with the stupid thumbnails, and he just started coming off as such a douche the more and more popular he got.

I stay away from a lot of the car channels now because most follow the same format, and over time I get bored anyway. I do like Tavarish’ channel, it’s fairly well made, and most of the stuff he does (whether it’s right or not) seems like something any regular guy could do. I like the Lambo build but it’s started dragging for me and I haven’t watched a video on it in about a month.

And I just have to say again I hate when people post thumbnails of them making a stupid face or something similar, that coupled with a stupid clickbait title is enough for me to quit watching altogether.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I like to watch chrisfix, i actually fixed my cobras odometer with his help.

He's one of the few car youtubers that I believe is not a total douche. I am friends with someone who is friends with him in real life (chrisfix lives in central NJ) and said he's a nice guy.

I don't subscribe to his content but at the same time I'm not disgusted with him for the crap he puts out on youtube.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I hate how a lot of these channels change over time, or more so the personality. I mean I understand that’s a natural thing, you get more subs, make more money, then have to put out more and more content, but a lot of times it’s just filler, and you can see the success changing some of these people. I quit watching streetspeed717 due to all the damn clickbait titles with the stupid thumbnails, and he just started coming off as such a douche the more and more popular he got.

I stay away from a lot of the car channels now because most follow the same format, and over time I get bored anyway. I do like Tavarish’ channel, it’s fairly well made, and most of the stuff he does (whether it’s right or not) seems like something any regular guy could do. I like the Lambo build but it’s started dragging for me and I haven’t watched a video on it in about a month.

And I just have to say again I hate when people post thumbnails of them making a stupid face or something similar, that coupled with a stupid clickbait title is enough for me to quit watching altogether.

I went to that Tavarish channel.. just reading the titles of " cheap lambo" over and over... I couldnt get myself to click one.

jmsa540

Established Member
He's one of the few car youtubers that I believe is not a total douche. I am friends with someone who is friends with him in real life (chrisfix lives in central NJ) and said he's a nice guy.

I don't subscribe to his content but at the same time I'm not disgusted with him for the crap he puts out on youtube.
Good stuff, bud.

Users who are viewing this thread