stared up the cobra after 4 years

b00sted4v

Established Member
So i blew my 98 cobra up back in 2008. i fully built the engine, tranny, solid axles, 373 gears, pretty much new everything! YEsterday I ended up taking out my msd box that started to smoke couple weeks ago when I went to start the car and wired it all back to stock ignition. First crank the car fired right up after 4 years :banana: But now am having the problem after car runs for about 5-6 min. it just shuts down. But does start back up. If I stay on the throttle at about 2000 rpms the car will stay running. Just ordered a wide band today going to throw that in this weekend hopefully. And have a bad header leak on the bassanis. one of the tubes isn't tightened tight enough and is a bitch to get to.
trying to get video of car running off my ipad and post it cant figure it out hmm

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
congrats man, header leaks are a b**ch in these cars, gotta drop the k for that but i am sure you know..but as for the dying issue could be something with the mass air flow, or your Idle Air control since it has been sitting for so long..

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Going through something similar after 2 years of chilling. Curious to see what you've got.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Nice man I hope all works out well. Enjoy the blower I sure did :) in fact part of me wishes I would have kept it lol.

Boss 327

All Motor
Established Member
Congrats on getting it running after 4 years. I know how it can be. My cars always down for something.

Your problem is most likely your IAC. I would take it off and clean it with carb cleaner real good.

Last edited:

b00sted4v

Established Member
congrats man, header leaks are a b**ch in these cars, gotta drop the k for that but i am sure you know..but as for the dying issue could be something with the mass air flow, or your Idle Air control since it has been sitting for so long..

yeah i actually ended up getting a 14" overall wrench and bent it at a 90 degree angle the box end of it and going to try and tighten them up that way with this box wrench. see how it goes

b00sted4v

Established Member
Nice man I hope all works out well. Enjoy the blower I sure did :) in fact part of me wishes I would have kept it lol.

:beer: I will. Going to send it out this winter to upgrade it to a t-trim once I get the car running 100% and engine broken in.

b00sted4v

Established Member
Congrats on getting it running after 4 years. I know how it can be. My cars always down for something.

Your problem is most likely your IAC. I would take it off and clean it with carb cleaner real good.

thanks, yeah ill five that a good spray tomorrow after work.

b00sted4v

Established Member
th_IMG_0475.jpg

th_IMG_0476.jpg

b00sted4v

Established Member
gas is all brand new in it. I dropped tank, drained fuel and cleaned the tank. and refueled up with some fresh gas. spraying the IAC down now see what happens

Users who are viewing this thread