StarCraft 2 Beta

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Wow, wait, so there actually is a SC2? LMAO... it's only been in the making for what, like 8 years now?

Yeah tell me about it

I forgot all about SC2....

So I'm guessing the beta isnt free right? if thats the case ill wait til the full game is out.... I havent played starcraft in forever, I've been playing wolfenstein enemy territories lately

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Arcons were the blue lighting dudes right? I haven't played the game in like 7 years.

Yes, 2 high templars = 1 Archon

2 Dark templars = 1 Dark Archon

My understanding is Carriers got nerfed. :shrug:

Not if you know how to use them...

Sides the good thing about carriers, since they themselves dont attack, the enemy computer automatically tries to shoot at the.... what are those little ships called again? oh yeah, interceptors... They are really hard to hit to.

If the enemy doesnt attack the carrier itself, then they are screwed.... Lightning always takes them out easy though, which is why I always hated when the computer used a high templar on my carrier fleet :D

StarCraft Compendium: Protoss Strategy - Carrier Unit

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Not if you know how to use them...

Sides the good thing about carriers, since they themselves dont attack, the enemy computer automatically tries to shoot at the.... what are those little ships called again? oh yeah, interceptors... They are really hard to hit to.

If the enemy doesnt attack the carrier itself, then they are screwed.... Lightning always takes them out easy though, which is why I always hated when the computer used a high templar on my carrier fleet :D

StarCraft Compendium: Protoss Strategy - Carrier Unit

When I came up against a carrier group I would always select my guys and continuously click on the actual carrier. That would prompt them to attack the main ship instead of the interceptors.

N1TEMARE GT

Banned
SC is, by far, the best game ever created.....EVER.

I've never been into beta testing so I'll wait for the actual release. Hopefully it'll be this November.

Klay

Established Member
I used to play Starcraft all the time. However, they have taken so long to come out with number 2 that I don't really have that much free time to spend playing it anymore. Didn't brood war come out in 1998? Most of the people who played it then are in there mid 20's early 30's. I'll probably still get it though when it comes out but I won't be playing the multiplayer very much.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
When I came up against a carrier group I would always select my guys and continuously click on the actual carrier. That would prompt them to attack the main ship instead of the interceptors.

which is the way to do it

OK, who wants to get a starcraft broodwar game going!!! :rockon:

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
ive been watching the competitions theyv been having already. People dont make carriers anymore, period. Havnt seen 1 game with them in it.

BCs are the way to go, or the new toss 'Rays. The zergs guardians are badass too.

Protos makes up for there lack of a good carrier with the rays and thier new collosus.

The ghost is back baby.. oh and BTW.. Lite um up! Terran is where its at.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Zerg guardians will rip ground units a new Ahole thats for sure, i mean they can attack turrets and cannons without getting hit... problem is they cant attack air units... which of course is where scourges and mutas are there but then they get their asses kicked by ground units... so its like you have to keep an eye on everything or you lose it all :D

Lurker rush is always fun, splash damage on a group of those are great

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Badly...they get owned very easily now...no point in wasting resources on them

ive been watching the competitions theyv been having already. People dont make carriers anymore, period. Havnt seen 1 game with them in it.

BCs are the way to go, or the new toss 'Rays. The zergs guardians are badass too.

Protos makes up for there lack of a good carrier with the rays and thier new collosus.

The ghost is back baby.. oh and BTW.. Lite um up! Terran is where its at.

Terran has a lot of sweet new units, especially infantry. Marines, Marauders, Reapers(my fav), and Ghosts. The best part is instead of that shitty medic in the past on ground, you have a flying one that doubles as a transport.

Then there's the new Thor which is a voice dub of the Governator
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gb5uvwsRpI"]YouTube- HD Starcraft 2 Terran Thor Voice Over Sound[/nomedia]

But as mentioned above the new Warp Rays are soooo sweet, and they made the Dark Templars look awesome!

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
man Startcraft was the first game i ever played online, i might have to get this when it comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread