StarCraft 2 Beta

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Hey Guys,

I know there are some PC gamers in the crowds and am curious to who else is playing the SC2 beta and what are your thoughts.

highvelocity.svt is my name

Gotta say, it's living up to my expectations even in just the beta!

For those that don't know, Starcraft is probably the best RTS game ever made and is huge all over the world. In Korea it's almost life.

StarCraft II

VIDEOS Below
StarCraft II

DarkTemplar_Model2_SC2.jpg

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
It's awesome..even in beta stage... two co-workers have been playing it non stop. I'm engaged in the NC vs SC war in Eve right now so I don't want to distract myself with it at the moment. I know I'm going to give in eventually though.

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Wow, wait, so there actually is a SC2? LMAO... it's only been in the making for what, like 8 years now?

Yea I've been waiting for this forever. The beta is multiplayer only with a bunch of maps. 1v1 2v2 and FFA are the current play modes. They just released the Map Editor too so people can start making maps, although they won't be able to publish them yet.

Each race has a bunch of new units and some old favorites are back.

xenodragon

Established Member
I am in the beta...the games ok...i am really pissed off that they locked you into your starting point...so I cant even ****ing rush...wtf is the point. Even noobs can win when you build up a huge ****ing army.

My name is Xeno.cobra

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I use to be into SC and a lot of the modded games, like sunken colony was the SHIT!

Is the beta available to anyone yet?

If you preorder SC2 on gamestop.com you get the beta key for it as a bonus. Amazon might have something similar but I'm not sure. You buy the game and then within one day you get an e-mail with the beta key. There are other ways to get the key but that was the quickest and efficient way. The custom map settings games aren't available yet in the beta, but people can start making the maps for them now.

MustangChris

Established Member
everything on B.net is, was, and will always be epic.

i own every PC game blizzard has released with the exception of the new Wold of Warcrafts... (i just have the first one, and dont play it anymore... lol.)

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
everything on B.net is, was, and will always be epic.

i own every PC game blizzard has released with the exception of the new Wold of Warcrafts... (i just have the first one, and dont play it anymore... lol.)

Same WoW is too good and just requires way too much time to be stellar at it, I had a small phase of that tho too lol.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
I had no idea they were making a new one! I pwnt at SC back in highschool!

Zerg > All

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
i used to be a Terran dude, but now I gotta say I'm Toss mostly. Warp Rays are so sick when used right.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
I always loved using Protoss. Nothing like some arbiters w/observers and a fleet of carriers. :)

30 scourges and I'll turn your precious carriers into a very expensive light show. :nono:

Muts and Guardians are the best combo in the game IMO.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread