'Stangless no more...

Colleton

Established Member
I traded my 2009 GT500 in on a 2011 (Black/Black w/Electronics Pack) back on July 11. On the 12th I saw it in bright sunlight for the 1st time - it was covered from one end to the other with scratches and swirls. I'd never seen anything like it, but since most of the marks were spiral in nature, I'd have to guess that the damage was done with a high-speed buffer and a dirty pad. Probably when the car was waxed when they 1st received it.

The dealership & I went back and forth about the car for two weeks. In the end, after attempting to fix the problem (and making it worse), I gave them back the keys and got a check for my down payment + equity in my 09 (they'd already sold it). I was 'stangless... :nonono:

Then I spent the next 3 weeks pinging off the walls, trying to find another 2011 with the features I wanted. After driving my wife and friends crazy, I finally found what I was looking for yesterday, and brought it home yesterday evening...

2011 GT500 + Electronics Pack, Sterling Gray Metallic w/black stripes

I nearly bought one with the SVTPP, but was worried about the harder ride and the directional tires (no tire rotation at all) on a daily driver. I think the SVTPP would be perfect for a pleasure (weekend) car or one that will actually see a track, but not so much for a daily driver.

I am very happy with the car and love the color. It's a classic muscle look.

I think I can finally stop pinging off the walls now. Life is good.

chuckstang

Established Member
congrats but the svtpp is def daily driveable.

Who rotates these tires anyway? They are can't be rotated front to back regardless.

I like the look of the non svtpp cars anyway so kudos!

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Nice color choice. You'd be fighting the swirl demons all the time with a black car...even washing w/o a rinse and wash bucket can create swirls...became too much of a PITA for me years ago.

Supernova

Established Member
...it was covered from one end to the other with scratches and swirls...

Congrats on your purchase!

I looked at several new Stangs this week and noticed the same thing on all the black cars the dealership had--COVERED in swirl marks! I didn't notice it on any of the other colors they had. Kind of makes me rethink getting a black car... Is it just that it's easier to see on a black car, or is there actually a difference in the paint/clearcoat on the black that Ford uses?

VaporDude

Established Member
I remember this on another board. Let me see......stangsunited.com correct?

Yep...you were driving us nuts over this. I am just glad everything worked out for you and I love the color choice.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Congrats on your purchase!

I looked at several new Stangs this week and noticed the same thing on all the black cars the dealership had--COVERED in swirl marks! I didn't notice it on any of the other colors they had. Kind of makes me rethink getting a black car... Is it just that it's easier to see on a black car, or is there actually a difference in the paint/clearcoat on the black that Ford uses?

Easier to see as with all dark colors no matter who makes the car. That also means microfiber wash glove, one bucket with rinse water, one with suds, and being a good detailer. If not done right, they look like crap...especially at night.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Good deal! Gray's typically metallic are easier to handle I think. Had scratches better and look clean longer. Black..awesome color but, total PITA!

Glad you were able to work that out...as I don't think alot of Ford dealerships know how to clean these right. Not all..as there are some out there..that are good. Some in various states I have talk to on various boards...but, alot more that don't. Only takes a minute to screw up and forever..if possible to fix.

Glad your happy and BACK IN a Shelby!

Users who are viewing this thread