Stalling Cobra HELP

Cobra_im

********* STAMPEDE
Established Member
I have a couple people asking me what is wrong with thier Cobras

one guy said every time he stopped at a light after driving awhile the car would stall.

Anyone know what the problem is? alot of cobra guys seem to be running into this problem.

Thanks

COBRA_IM

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I have a couple people asking me what is wrong with thier Cobras

one guy said every time he stopped at a light after driving awhile the car would stall.

Anyone know what the problem is? alot of cobra guys seem to be running into this problem.

Thanks

COBRA_IM

Have you looked through the engine section here at some of the stall threads?

There are many threads and many possible causes.

Do all these stalls have an oiled gauze high flow air filter(K&N)?
Clean the MAF

Do any of these stalls have a gas smell and difficult restarts?
Replace FRPS.

Not knowing mods and more detail for each instance, is obviously going to make giving you assistance quite difficult.

Cobra_im

********* STAMPEDE
Established Member
he said he changed the cam shaft sensor, crank shaft sensor and he pulled the plugs and they smell like gas. (fouled) he said fuel pressure is up.

thanks Ill look in those areas as well.

92Snatch

Established Member
Hey Wally....i fixed it man. It was what i thought to begin with. I pulled the plugs on the car yesterday and every plug was fouled and smelled like gas. I asked him if he checked the fuel pressure and he said they did with a computer from Firestone. Well....put a guage on the rail today and the ****er ramped up to 100psi and shut off. So replaced the FPR sensor and replaced the plugs. Runs like a champ now!!!! Maybe this will help if anybody else has this prob on thier cobra....

Users who are viewing this thread