Stage III port + 2.93 pulley track results...

Blown408 86GT

94GT 617 rwhp fun machine
Established Member
It was a decent day (50 degrees) so I decided to take the Cobra out to see how she would do with the ported blower.

With 3/4 tank, no weight removal (left spare in trunk) I pulled up to the line with street tires (KDWs). I ran a 12.1 @ 121 with a 2.0 60ft. (didn't speed shift)

I decided to let the Cobra cool down for a bit and try again. However, a car threw a rod on the right lane so the track was down to one lane. I reran the Cobra once more spinning hard so I got out of it. I hot lapped the car and tried shifting at a lower rpm (5800 rpm instead of 6100) to see if I'd pick up anything...Ran a slower 12.2 @ 120...another 2.0 60ft...That was the last run of the day for me. I packed it up.

I'm excited as I think the car has much more in it. I need some sticky tires...1/4 of gas and the spare removed. I think it could run some mid 11s.

Venimus03

Established Member
Yes, you defintley need some stick tires. How much power is your car making with the ported 2.93?

sedanman

Established Member
See my sig it sounds like we had (I changed) similar combos get a tire and you will really start to move.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Blown408 86GT said:
It was a decent day (50 degrees) so I decided to take the Cobra out to see how she would do with the ported blower.

With 3/4 tank, no weight removal (left spare in trunk) I pulled up to the line with street tires (KDWs). I ran a 12.1 @ 121 with a 2.0 60ft. (didn't speed shift)

I decided to let the Cobra cool down for a bit and try again. However, a car threw a rod on the right lane so the track was down to one lane. I reran the Cobra once more spinning hard so I got out of it. I hot lapped the car and tried shifting at a lower rpm (5800 rpm instead of 6100) to see if I'd pick up anything...Ran a slower 12.2 @ 120...another 2.0 60ft...That was the last run of the day for me. I packed it up.

I'm excited as I think the car has much more in it. I need some sticky tires...1/4 of gas and the spare removed. I think it could run some mid 11s.

Was this at No Problem Raceway?
That track is good but has its days sometimes...

Users who are viewing this thread