Stage 3 Roush better than Viper or Z06!

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
so a roush rep came and spoke at my work today. he said that they are currently taking orders for the stage 3 roush and that it should be available by late december/early january. the price is going to be about $47k-$48k and it will have about 430 hp. they will also be introducing a special edition with the 5.4l from the ford gt (detuned of course) that should generate about 500 hp. the rep said that the stage 3 should run mid 11's in the 1/4 and sub 5 sec 0-60. not bad for a vehicle that will be about $30k-$50k less than a z06 or viper!!

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
mid 11's and 0-60 in low 5 secs???? that 0-60 seems a lil high i would think for a mid 11 sec car.....or i could be wrong....

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
kingCOBRAsvt_99 said:
mid 11's and 0-60 in low 5 secs???? that 0-60 seems a lil high i would think for a mid 11 sec car.....or i could be wrong....

thats sub 5-sec not low 5-sec. meaning 4.9 or something like that

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
This coming from a Roush Rep, who earns his living as a salesman? Know how to tell when a salesman is lying? Its when his lips are moving... A Roush is way too much money, for too little performance.

tony281sc2

Established Member
Red99mustangman said:
If its running in the low 11s and has 500hp. 0-60 times should be about 4 seconds or under......

if he was talkin about on street tires i dont think it would be easy to get a 0-60 time in under 4 seconds even with 500 horses.

inteller

Established Member
dude....I so hate all these faux Cobra pretenders. For rousch's sake they better hope they make a lot of money between now and 2007. No one will buy this trash once the real deal is out.

And I cant wait for the real deal to finally come out!

There are going to be so many surprised assholes out there that think they have already beat a "new Cobra"

....reckoning day is coming.

YouDontKnowMe

¿what?
Established Member
jazzkiller34 said:
so a roush rep came and spoke at my work today. he said that they are currently taking orders for the stage 3 roush and that it should be available by late december/early january. the price is going to be about $47k-$48k and it will have about 430 hp. they will also be introducing a special edition with the 5.4l from the ford gt (detuned of course) that should generate about 500 hp. the rep said that the stage 3 should run mid 11's in the 1/4 and sub 5 sec 0-60. not bad for a vehicle that will be about $30k-$50k less than a z06 or viper!!

how much money do you think a new Z is??? Thats about 18K less not 30K.

430 hp is not bad, but id wait for the GT500

i8u

Established Member
FredK'03Cobra said:
This coming from a Roush Rep, who earns his living as a salesman? Know how to tell when a salesman is lying? Its when his lips are moving... A Roush is way too much money, for too little performance.

+1

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
I don't buy it. They might have a 500hp special edition roush but it won't compete with the new ZO-6 or Viper. Most likely the roush will weigh a lot more than a regular GT which is already a hefty 3,500+lbs. For $50K, it might be a nice alternative to the over sticker GT500's though.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
the 4.6 stage 3 will not run 11's on street tires. not with only 430 horses to the crank. also note the 5.4 roush will probably be very near 60k when its all said and done. by that time dealers will be selling the z for under the 65k sticker.

one more thing, the whipple blower will put 440hp and 450tq to the wheels of a brand new 05/06 mustang gt. that puts this mustang at about 12 flat in the quarter or high 11's with dr's. all this for under 35k. thats the deal to jump at if you can not wait for the gt500's.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
At one time a Roush Mustang was a good choice, but that was before the '03/'04 Cobra IMO. Consider what you can do with a stock Terminator and $10K vs. what you get with even a "base" Stage 3. This Stage 3 with 430hp (at the crank I assume) is about equal to the stock Terminator. And a stock Terminator won't run mid 11s.

A Stage 3 Roush is also about 500 lbs. heavier than either the Z-06 or Viper. No comparison performance wise IMO. Not unless the Stage 3 is making a minimum of 575 hp since it appears Chevy underrated the crank power based on recent dyno runs. IMHO anyone considering a Roush would be wiser to wait, buy the Shelby GT-500 and put a few of thousand into motor and suspension mods that will make it faster, quicker and better handling than the Roush will ever be. You're paying a lot of good money for the Roush name. And he's wealthy enough from his dominance in Nascar this year. LOL!

Steeltwo

Established Member
so what you are saying is that Roush is going to swap the 4.6, give you the 5.4L and 500 for FREE? :nono:

that bitch with the 5.4 is going to be 60k at LEAST not 48. The 4.6L will be 48.

Users who are viewing this thread