Stage 3 Cams upgrade worth the big $$$ ?

d1sc46

Established Member
Pondering the idea of installing stage 3 cams w/supporting hardware. It's a pricey upgrade for the amount of cash. I have 03 Cobra, TVS, running E85 already. It's fast enough for most people but I have a speed addiction lol. Plus cams sound sick. What's a good estimate of RWHP&RWTQ if I pulled the trigger on the idea? I'm hearing only 30-35 @ the tires. Thanks everyone

GodStang

Established Member
"Stage III" cams is just a name and specs are different company to company. Custom cams to your setup will give you better gains than OTS cams. 30-35rwhp is a very common gain seen but depending on other things you could see more or less. People who properly degree their cams will see better gains.

Last edited:

d1sc46

Established Member
Thanks for input, they would be custom cams. It would be more worth it if I could gain close to 50 rwhp. Anyone achieve more than 35 on here?

tvspower

Established Member
OP I have BPS cams in my 08 GT500. All I wanted was the sound, which I got beautifully. Gains we saw 30hp on a low reading dyno.. point is the SOUND is worth every cent.....

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
OP I have BPS cams in my 08 GT500. All I wanted was the sound, which I got beautifully. Gains we saw 30hp on a low reading dyno.. point is the SOUND is worth every cent.....

This. I have Crower Stage 3 cams in my Cobra. The pure sound of the thump-thump, and feeling the car shake from the cams if worth every penny invested.

d1sc46

Established Member
I listen to youtube video's of cammed Cobra's & GT500s probably once a week lol. The sound is pretty bad ass. At the same time it's nice having the "sleeper" sound at lower rpms :)

Last edited:

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
I installed comp cams stage 3 blower cams on a stock n/a 4.6. Yes it did gain 35rwhp. But I'm sure on a blown motor it'd probably pick up more. Once warm it's got a pretty healthy lope. Specs are 238/240 .475/.450.

-Mark

03SVT Ski

Established Member
Its all about the sound, and i would look at Bullitt cams from KMS. 3 different grinds, your going to get the best lope and HP over Comp or Crower

Users who are viewing this thread