Stabile in 2008 for winter

RedZR

Established Member
My 2008 is going to sit for most of the winter and I was thinking about adding Stabil to keep the fuel fairly fresh.

Anyone had any negative experiences with it? I have used it in other vehicles with good results but was not sure if our cars were any different.

Thank you

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Seafoam or stabil works fine. Make sure tank in full to limit condensation in the tank.

jk57

Established Member
Works good for me never had any problems with it

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

RedZR

Established Member
had heard that also- thanks for confirming it, Looks like I will baby it come spring and fill the tank with good, fresh 93!

Thanks,
Dan

KRS

Established Member
I've used it in mine for a few years with no negative effects that I've noticed. Last year I switched to the Stabil 360, and again nothing negative to report.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Didn't know there are other brands other than Stabil /Stabil-360

................................................................................

Been using Stabil in all my vehicles for years, including my GT500, and no issues whatsoever

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
No issues with Stabil here as well on multiple winter storages. Opinions may differ on 100% full tank versus less. I'd suggest the most important thing to remember is Stay Out Of Boost or at least WOT in spring until you use all that winter storage fuel driving around. I usually go an extra step of using down to 1/4 then fill above 1/2 then use that to 1/4 . Then fill I fill tank with fresh fuel and start getting my foot in it.

Vi_king500

Established Member
Past three winters with a none full tank and no issues yet. I also do not put anything in my fuel, I will just start it and let it warm up every so often through the winter.

Users who are viewing this thread