SS splitter

Live Faster

Need for SPEED!!!
Established Member
Does anyone have a picture of the SS splitter installed on there car? Looking mostly for the ground clearance angle. Thanks

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I have the SS splitter on my Shelby, the picture in my signature has it on, I'm still stock hight and it gets close to hitting stuff all the time, you have to be very carefully with it.

Live Faster

Need for SPEED!!!
Established Member
Ahhh crap!! I was hoping it was going to be a little higher up then the oem splitter. I'm rubbing this one every now and then so was looking for a splitter that wasn't so low.

Live Faster

Need for SPEED!!!
Established Member
I agree!! I just lowered my car with the eibach springs,love the look but it seems there's not much places I can go without scraping. Thought maybe the SS one would be better off since it looked like it didn't come down so far like the oem one.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
As much of a pain in the ass as the splitter is, it looks awesome and is worth it.

Live Faster

Need for SPEED!!!
Established Member
The price of them is abit extreme but I have to agree with 2011 gtcs they look damn good!! I have mine ordered already so will see how it goes. I'll keep the oem one for backup if the day ever arrives.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
The price of them is abit extreme but I have to agree with 2011 gtcs they look damn good!! I have mine ordered already so will see how it goes. I'll keep the oem one for backup if the day ever arrives.

I was lucky enough to get a screaming good deal on my splitter so the price wasn't bad at all, but once you put it on just be aware of how much it sticks out, you don't want to hit a curb with it.

OaktownACE

Established Member
So the SS splitter sits lower than the stock with the high speed add on portion? I thought with the SS splitter I was going to be a 1/4 to 1/2" higher. Damn!

TORQJNKY

So the SS splitter sits lower than the stock with the high speed add on portion? I thought with the SS splitter I was going to be a 1/4 to 1/2" higher. Damn!

The SS splitter is higher than the 13/14 3-piece splitter. For example; I have the 67" two piece Race Ramps. With the SS splitter, I can drive right up the ramps. With the 3 piece OEM splitter, I have to remove to two outer pieces of the splitter to drive up the ramps because they scrape. So the SS splitter is probably about 1/4 to 1/2" higher than the OEM splitter like you mentioned. I put my OEM splitter back on because I caught a rock on my SS splitter and it took a nice chunk out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread