Srt-4 vs Cobra

mr_Ginzo

Established Member
4.6L SN95 Cobra vs Srt4

i've been looking at cars for awhile since april holding out for the right car (been looking for cobras) but just the other day i've started to have a thing for SRT4s. Not sure which one i should get. the car will be a daily driver (aside from when its snowing).

What i like about the srt4 is. turbo, better gas, warrinty, easy/cheap mods.

Cobra, prob cheaper insurance, sounds so much meaner, i could start modding right away.

What i Don't like about the srt4, still just a neon :rollseyes , and i wanna see these motors in 4-5years.

Cobra, i'd def regear so that would mean horrible gas mileage, and RWD + Winter.....

tell me what you think

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
My friend has an SRT4 and it gets crappy gas mileage, a lot worse than a cobra would get. That is the one thing that hes always complained about.

blk96SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by mr_Ginzo
Cobra, i'd def regear so that would mean horrible gas mileage, and RWD + Winter.....

tell me what you think

UHHHHHHH, Cobra duh! Horrible gas mileage, you definitely don't need a muscle car. The only reason my car gets 15-19 in the city is cause I can't keep my foot off the damn gas pedal! My exhaust and the 4.30s make this car such a blast to drive around town. You should try and find a ride in a geared 96-8 Cobra, they are really fun and not gay looking like a NEON.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Gears won't hurt your mileage that bad. In my 5.0 I was getting 17 in the city and about 25 hwy. After my gears it went to about 15-16 city, 22hwy. Your tranny is geared for higher rear-end gears too plus is more efficient at higher rpms then a pushrod so I doubt you'd lose that much as long as you keep your same shift points in the city and keep your foot off the gas.

My gas mileage didn't go to shit until I upgraded injectors.

vennom

99/03 hybrid
Established Member
my friend is selling his srt4, that bitch is crazy fast even stock i was very impressed. He wasted my 99 cobra and it wasnt cause of my driving. Those cars are fast, and even though they say neon that doesnt take away from its character. I would buy it but i dont have enough money being in college right now. Ill hook you up if your interested. Its a Black car and he took good care of it. PM me if your intested.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Originally posted by vennom
my friend is selling his srt4, that bitch is crazy fast even stock i was very impressed. He wasted my 99 cobra and it wasnt cause of my driving. Those cars are fast, and even though they say neon that doesnt take away from its character. I would buy it but i dont have enough money being in college right now. Ill hook you up if your interested. Its a Black car and he took good care of it. PM me if your intested.

It was because of your driving because that shouldn't have happened. Your car should low 13.4-.5's stock.

nugen

Established Member
Originally posted by svtfocus2cobra
My friend has an SRT4 and it gets crappy gas mileage, a lot worse than a cobra would get. That is the one thing that hes always complained about.

It takes gas to make power. Turbo's love gas!

Beetle6986

Established Member
Originally posted by vennom

It must have been your driving. The 99 cobra should be a few 10ths of a second faster. If he did beat you, it should have been by only a foot or two. You probably have one of the underpowered cobras that were produced in 99. You know they were 30 or so horse power shy of the advertised 320? Many of the 99 cobras could hardly hit 14.0 because of the lost power.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Originally posted by Beetle6986
It must have been your driving. The 99 cobra should be a few 10ths of a second faster. If he did beat you, it should have been by only a foot or two. You probably have one of the underpowered cobras that were produced in 99. You know they were 30 or so horse power shy of the advertised 320? Many of the 99 cobras could hardly hit 14.0 because of the lost power.

Chances are, his car had "the fix" though. I think everyone that bought a 99' was sent a mail to have the fix done.

vennom

99/03 hybrid
Established Member
LOL. . .I guess thats my fault, i didnt explain, at the time of the race neither of our cars were stock. . I had springs, 4.10's and k&n. He had stage 1, exhaust, he upped the boost, and some other things. They respond really well to simple modifications. I was impressed about how fast it really was.

MustangBoo

Save Colonel Reb!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by lemosley01
It may be fast, but it still has the badge 'Neon' on it.

'Nuff said.

Please show me the neon badge. Thats funny I must have overlooked it. Oh wait it dosen't have a NEON badge.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Personally, I think the SRT looks dumb. It rides super high with tiny tires. Its just a regular neon with a spoiler. However, it is the best sounding small engined car I've hear excluding exotics. But it still sounds bad compared to the Cobra. A better question has always been, should I buy a Z06 or a Cobra. These cars are more comparable. This is the decision I'll be making pretty soon. Now, that is a tough decision.

Who cares about gas mileage anyways. It's nothing compared to the big-blocks of the '60s and 70's. The fun factor outweighs the problem of gas mileage anyways. Who buys a performance sports car for the gas mileage?

Users who are viewing this thread