SRT-10 Didnt want none...

99RedSVT

Established Member
Friday night im out cruisin around in the Lightning when one of my buddies calls me up and says hey man u wanna run a SRT-10?? SO im like oh man heck ya i do. Well i pull up to were they are all hanging out. SO then i see the SRT-10 pullin out onto the same road as me so i decided to see if he wanted to play alittle well i rode near him for prolyl about 3 miles and he didnt wanna show me what it had...oh well maybe next time

fatmat789

Established Member
I'd love to race an SRT-10. I know I'd lose, but I'd like to see I'd perform against one. I think a good race would be a stock SRT-10 ram and a 03-04 Cobra w/ the basic bolt ons

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
a terminator with bolt ons will kill an srt-10. 1/4 mile, the srt is a fraction of a sec faster than an L, so i know the cobra would kill it....especially with bolt ons.

02YZ125

So sticky
Established Member
I had an SRT-10 puss out on me the other night after revving at me and telling me "...it's .7 second slower than a Lambo." Haha, oh well.

rocket5979

Established Member
02YZ125 said:
I had an SRT-10 puss out on me the other night after revving at me and telling me "...it's .7 second slower than a Lambo." Haha, oh well.

Whoever that guy was is an idiot. being that much slower than a lambo doesnt mean crap! Lambo's arent built for the 1320 so therefore their E.T.'s arent that spectacular. Now in a highway roll and through twisties there is something to brag about being able to keep up with a lambo.

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
stock for stock i would think an 03 cobra could take on a srt-10 and finish through the 1/4 with prolly 1-2 cars on him. Would be a good race on the street though as there are alot more variables.

MiMiK

Rollin the truck!
Established Member
GUYS!!!! SRT-10 slow! The power to rate ratio sucks! We raced one in modded LS1 with shorty long tube headers, a mac exhaust and CAI, dosn't even have chip on it... He asked for a 30 roll...We said ok... next thing you know we had about 6-7 cars on him by the mid fourth gear... 500 HP YES! Compared to it's weight! NoPe!

Southern 03

Established Member
MiMiK said:
GUYS!!!! SRT-10 slow! The power to rate ratio sucks! We raced one in modded LS1 with shorty long tube headers, a mac exhaust and CAI, dosn't even have chip on it... He asked for a 30 roll...We said ok... next thing you know we had about 6-7 cars on him by the mid fourth gear... 500 HP YES! Compared to it's weight! NoPe!

Not trying to be an ass or anything, but what are "shorty long tubes" exactly? And I though LS1's got reflashed, not chipped? :shrug:

Sorry, just nitpicking. :beer:

MiMiK

Rollin the truck!
Established Member
Sorry meant long headers
wrote own short but forgot to delete then remembered they were long...

earl lee

Established Member
CharlieCobra03 said:
I saw one in the local Dodge showroom. The tires looked to skinny for the power and it's still a 4800 Lb. truck.

actually thats how much the gen 2 lightning weighs. the ram srt-10 weighs more like 5200 pounds. anyway, thats one reason ford pull the plug on the gen 3, the new f150 weighs like 5000+ and its pretty hard to get something that size moving.

SynMan5.0

Established Member
fatmat789 said:
I'd love to race an SRT-10. I know I'd lose, but I'd like to see I'd perform against one. I think a good race would be a stock SRT-10 ram and a 03-04 Cobra w/ the basic bolt ons

Been there, done that. My uncle had a black SRT-10 truck while he was still alive. He brought it to my house and let me drive it the third day he had it. My '04 Cobra was almost as fresh at the time with nothing more than the Stinger catback. His SRT had some kind of intake mod, I don't really remember. Could've just been a K&N. :shrug: Anyway, the truck seemed REALLY fast when I drove it. I was really surprised when we lined 'em up and I put 6-8 car lengths on him in a standing 1/4 mile. It wasn't quite as bad from a roll, but I was still definitely pulling. Definitely a sweet ass pickemup, though. Lots of wheelspin. :thumbsup:

SVTCOUPLE

Established Member
I have raced one twice, the first run I jumped out and put his front bumper at my tailgate and he stayed there. Second run he got a little better launch and his headlights were at my door but every shift he made I gained another foot. Both were very close races but stock for stock on the street the Dodge driver better be damn good to beat a Lightning.

bd2bonez06

Established Member
SVTCOUPLE said:
I have raced one twice, the first run I jumped out and put his front bumper at my tailgate and he stayed there. Second run he got a little better launch and his headlights were at my door but every shift he made I gained another foot. Both were very close races but stock for stock on the street the Dodge driver better be damn good to beat a Lightning.

THats odd or maybe I am a good driver, from a roll I walked a lightning bad at least 3-4 turck lengths, three times in a row, (nothing like grabbing a third in a 5200lb NA truck). I have also walked 87' cobras, 03 mustang gt's. From a dig they just arent as quick (too much weight to get moving). I got walked by a modded( chip,upper/lower pulley, exhaust) 03' cobra bad about 3 cars from a roll and it probably would have gotten worse if it went longer. It runs good for a truck, but I love the lightnings also. I was really looking forward to seeing the new ones until they scrapped the project :(

ps the Lightning was stock. I have also run a modded one (pullies,chip, exhaust, heads) low roll I got walked 3 trucks, 60-70 roll dead even until 145mph

Last edited:

SVTCOUPLE

Established Member
My 2 runs were from a dig, I have no idea what would happen from a roll. Launching a 5200 pound truck with a standard and that much power takes a good driver, hell launching my Cobra is a chore.

Users who are viewing this thread