Squid Coolness :)

VegasMichael

Established Member
Holy Geebus, this is like ground hog day with all these sea stories. I always enjoyed the rocking and rolling, it's when the bottom drops out, where it gets interesting. The dead calm seas at night with a full moon, is also something to experience. Lots of great Naval experience on this site. The two best calls you'll ever hear are........."the ship is moored" and "liberty call".
The worst call was: "Revellie! Revellie! All hands heave out and trice up!"

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I did a fast rope insertion on a sweeper I think, had a big ass crane at back we had to avoid. The only time I delt with them.

Man overboard on the carrier was ridiculous. These dumbasses would throw a chemical light over and here we go. We'd go from the rack to airborne in less 15 minutes. Talk about pissed.
We had a crane on the fantail of the Minehunters and a crane on the 01 level starboard side. Both for the Mine Neutralization Vehicle(MNV). Might be what you're thinking about.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Lets see if I can recall........

Corpsman: What's the problem?

Me: It's ma dick, it's leaking.

Corpsman: I'll give you a shot, in the meantime, keep your lance in your pants and your rocket in your pocket.
I recollect the penicillin shot in the ass, and my Johnson having a runny nose for a week.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
HAHAHA..Right! I stood watch on the bridge and was the BMOW. Those are easy to say but when it comes time to call a man over board or conduct fire drills it gets a little more interesting. I actually dreamt I was back in the Navy last night, just remembered that. Was going through the transfer to a new duty station blues and how I had to uproot my wife and her get a new job and such...too funny.
LOL. I had a dream a couple of weeks ago that I had returned to the Navy (same carrier) for a 2-week stint. I had to go to NYC harbor (?) to catch the ship. When I boarded, I had some trouble finding the print shop that I worked in. Finally made it, but I felt like a fish out of water trying to "catch up" for my duties. Weird dream!

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
LOL. I had a dream a couple of weeks ago that I had returned to the Navy (same carrier) for a 2-week stint. I had to go to NYC harbor (?) to catch the ship. When I boarded, I had some trouble finding the print shop that I worked in. Finally made it, but I felt like a fish out of water trying to "catch up" for my duties. Weird dream!
I have the Shipover for life dream, along with the 4 credits shy of a Degree and the stolen Cobra dream. All of which never happened. My brain likes to **** with me.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Lol did not mean to drop this in here..
6CB16655-BFEF-4DE3-998D-8A48E38DECD1.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread