Squeek coming from rear of 2011

jlwdvm

Established Member
My 2011 gt has an annoying squeek coming from the rear of the car somewhere. I can only hear it when the car is moving and usually on a rough road. It seems to be associated with bumps. Any ideas where it might be coming from?

Hawwk11

Established Member
On such a new car thats odd. Maybe you need your chassis lubed.

Good luck with solving the problem.

Svt-Rich

V
Established Member
It's a common problem on S197's, do a google search and see for yourself. Mine started a few weeks ago and recently was getting really annoying. It sounded like it was coming from the rear passenger side wheel. I bought some lithium grease and sprayed down all my bushings and suspension components and it got a lot better. I still get a squeak on occasion but not nearly as annoying as it was.

jlwdvm

Established Member
I tried hitting the lower control are bushings and rubber muffler hangers with spray silicone...it temporarily helped. It's a high pitched squeek that dissapears when the road smooths out. I'll keep looking. Thanks.

Svt-Rich

V
Established Member
I tried hitting the lower control are bushings and rubber muffler hangers with spray silicone...it temporarily helped. It's a high pitched squeek that dissapears when the road smooths out. I'll keep looking. Thanks.

Yea thats what mine sounded like. A slight chirp.

ViciousJay

Established Member

laction of widwest? the rebars they use i know in chicago make a difference in the road sound andre bounce of feeling

03lofront

another wannabe ....
Established Member
Check the panhard bar bolts. Had mine for about 3 weeks and went to the drag strip for some all stock fun and a squeak developed when turning and hitting bumps on the way home. Though i may have bent something or worked something loose so....Got under the car and checked everything and the panhard bar bolt on the rear end was about 2 full turns loose. Squeak went away then i bought all the adjustable control arms and what not and now i couldnt hear a squeak bc everything is so damn loud lol. But the suspension works so much better. O well the sacrifices we make to go faster.

RioRed4v

Established Member
The rebars they use when they replace the road, at least near Chicago used reba in the road that bounces more then amu p jump kid play pin. Is thereby you smooth?

Damn I pad

even this one is crackin' me up:lol:

but naw, the roads are mixed out here. with the weather we, it's hard to find smooth roads. I get the squeak from time to time as well, but I think it might be more of my axleback rubbings hangers and the axle.

grabber blue gt

Established Member
I got it on my 10' and now have it on my 12'. Soooooo annoying!!!! Like already stated though, it sounds like its coming from the rear passenger side wheel area

jlwdvm

Established Member
Suspension is all new from Strano: new sway bar, shocks, panhard bar, etc so bushings for bars are well greased. The same squeek was there before the suspension upgrades, so I'm thinking LCA's.

Users who are viewing this thread