Squeaking suspension

mbreaux05

Established Member
I need a little help here.

My suspension began to squeak after I lowered my car. Here is the list of what was installed:

Gt500 strut mounts
Koni str.t shocks/struts
Hotchkis lowering springs
Bmr adj panhard bar

I used synthetic grease for the panhard after the install, but that's the only place I greased. I hand tightened everything as much as I could ( minus the top of the rear shocks in the trunk)

I re used the spring isolators up front, and re used the rubber pads that sit on top of the springs in the rear.

When I go over bumps it's squeaks. When I'm driving on a gravel parking lot, it squeaks. It's crazy annoying, almost embarrassing.

I plan tomorrow to re loosen everything and apply grease.

Anyone have any tips or solutions for me?

I ordered bmr UCA/mount and LCA/relo brackets in preparation for the supercharger. I'd really like to get this embarrassing squeak gone!

mbreaux05

Established Member
Anyone know the torque FT/lbs for all of the suspension bolts? I've seen the specs in the owners manual, but they don't have hardly any of the suspension specs in there.

mbreaux05

Established Member
So I completely re did the suspension install on the rear. I made sure I put synthetic grease on everything to try to eliminate the squeak. I tightened everything with suspension loaded. Car still squeaks a little and still has a "clunking" coming from the rear when I go over bumps. Any ideas what the clunking is? Still has stock UCA/mount.

Maybe my bmr panhard bar is tightened too much? Anyone know the torque specs for it?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
So I completely re did the suspension install on the rear. I made sure I put synthetic grease on everything to try to eliminate the squeak. I tightened everything with suspension loaded. Car still squeaks a little and still has a "clunking" coming from the rear when I go over bumps. Any ideas what the clunking is? Still has stock UCA/mount.

Maybe my bmr panhard bar is tightened too much? Anyone know the torque specs for it?

your stock uca is likely the culprit of the clunking. If you lowered your car you will need an adjustable uca to get the proper pinion angle setting. The continued squeaking is a mystery to me!

BMR Tech

Did you loosen up the UCA to Mount bolt, and the UCA to diff bolt....and re-torque them at ride height? If not, you should.

As for the squeaking, is it a high pitch......or more like a moan?

greenscobie86

Established Member
I have a similar squeak(high pitch) after installing adjustable LCAS and BMR panhard. Wondering what it could be too

mbreaux05

Established Member
Did you loosen up the UCA to Mount bolt, and the UCA to diff bolt....and re-torque them at ride height? If not, you should.

As for the squeaking, is it a high pitch......or more like a moan?

I haven't touched my stock UCA/mount. I'll be installing your UCA and mount soon.

It's like a high pitched squeak. Driving on a rocky parking lot, it does it a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread